Caput V

Hogwarts castle - 1997 - 6:00 am

Hadrian Black stirred in his bed, the sheets were still neat as if no one had slept in the bed at all.

But unlike the soft, wrinkle-free silken sheets, the Black heir's mind was a dimension of chaos and turmoil, meaning that Hadrian experienced gruesome nightmares day or night.

He leaped from the bed, hair messy and tousled, the black Egyptian silk nightwear disheveled. 

The nightmare still plagued his mind, but he slowly regained his composure and began to change into his uniform.

When he reached the common room, he found the knights sitting in the armchairs or couches that surrounded the fireplace. 

They stood when he entered, he gracefully made his way to an armchair beside Tom.

"We probably should head down to the great hall for breakfast, my lord" Theo said, the last few words came out in a whisper, only meant for the ears of the Black heir.

"Good suggestion Theo, we would have to go anyway for classes," Hadrian answered. 

The group of young boys and their lord made their way from the common room to the hall.

When they arrived, they were some of the only students there, as well as Professors Flitwick and Snape.

They walked in with synchronized steps, in order with Hadrian at the front, then the Riddle twins, Theo and Stefan following them, while Vladimir and Aleksander enforcing the rear. The boys marched in quietly with heads held high and their backs ramrod straight as they walked to the Slytherin table, the Slytherins shuffled to one end of the table, all of them intent on avoiding the group.

As soon as they all sat down the hall was filled with students from the other houses. The amount of Slytherins was still minimal, until a group of snakes walked into the hall, the elitists.

Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, Crabbe, Goyle, Parkinson and the Greengrass sisters.

All children of wealthy pureblood lines, spoilt brats.

"This is our spot, move," Malfoy said.

"No." The sharp reply came from Stefan, whose eyes glanced briefly at Malfoy in irritation before taking great interest in his breakfast fork.

Draco's face began to change from its pale tone to a scarlet, face flushed with anger and blood.

"NO? NO? I am a Malfoy, you will listen to me MUDBLOOD!"

The temperature of the great hall dropped, magic danced sinfully around Hadrian, his eyes turned black, iris, pupil and sclera. The pureblood elitist group backed off, immeasurable fear and trepidation reigning their body language.

The rest of the day the Knights sat lazily lounged in their chosen seats in the classes, not making a sound, only moving to use their wands for the menial magic performed by Hogwarts students.

A.N
It been forever since I have updated, almost a year and a half ( 2 if you count when I first published Caput I )

I have re-read the previous chapters and subtly changed some of the wording. This is the first time I am writing in 3rd person let me know how the story is so far in the comments section.

Though future updates will be random, they will definitely be more frequent than those prior.

Katie