Chapter 5

The next day Ally went to meet Austin. She was in such a good mood now that her mom had returned home, but it still bothered her that her friends were hiding something from her. It just didn't feel right! Her friends had never kept secrets from her before. She had decided that she would try asking Austin. So there she was, standing at his doorstep, ready to ask him. Suddenly, Austin's mom answered the door. "Hello Ally," his mom said.
"Hello Mrs. Moon, is Austin home?" Ally asked.
"Yes, he's in his room, you can go see him if you want to."
"Ok, thank you."
Ally went up stairs to see Austin, but as she started to get close to his door she heard him talking on the phone.
"No, I am not telling Ally!" Austin said.
"But you have to," Ally heard another voice say over the phone.
"But I just can't!"
"If you don't tell her now than you will never be able to."
"I just can't! Anyway, I have to go. I think I heard the doorbell. Bye."
"Oh no!" Ally thought, "he can't know I've been listening!"
Ally knew she had to hide. She ran down the hall and started walking back as Austin opened the door.
"Hi Austin!" Ally exclaimed nervously, although Austin didn't seem to notice.
"Oh, hi Ally!" Austin exclaimed nervously in response, which Ally noticed but didn't say anything about.
Ally walked into Austin's room, and started to talk but quickly stopped thinking about the new information she had gained and also thinking about the million different questions swirling through her head. She decided not to ask Austin about what was going on after all. Instead she just said that she just came by to check on him