2

♫

"hey bud," I grinned, ruffling Sky's fur.

Sky was a stray that I found by the road. Back then, he had an injured leg which caused him to limp whenever he moved about. I brought him to a vet and got his fractured leg treated.

After much convincing, Mother and Father agreed to let me adopt him

well, more like they were too busy to question me-

Sky and I instantly became the best of friends. He stuck around always, especially during my worst state.

"hi, Skyie!" a cheerful voice broke my thoughts.

"hi Ava," I smiled and patted her head.

"hi brother Kale," she giggled as Sky began licking her cheeks.

"Sky, sit!"

Sky immediately sat, tilting his head to the side and stuck out his tongue.

"but Sky didn't do anything wrong!" Ava pouted.

"Ava! You shouldn't run out like that!" a voice called out just when I was about to answer her. The male scooped Ava up as Ava fussed and threw a small tantrum in the arms of the guy.

"being a big brother is hard, isn't it?" I laughed.

"thank god you have a dog or else she would have wandered off further," Atlas gave out a sigh and received a hair pull in return.

"Ava, it hurts!" He shrieked as he tried taking little Ava's hand off his hair.

"I like brother Kale better," she pouted.

"you like Kale just because he doesn't scold you right?"

"yep, and brother Kale has a doggie!" Ava replied, earning an eye roll from her brother.

"Now that's favouritism," Atlas raised his brows at me. I smiled proudly. Sky then out of boredom, strolled back into the house which made Ava sulk.

"Skyie!"

"Sky needs some rest just like you do Ava, let's go home yeah?" Atlas blooped her nose. Cute.

Atlas then gave me a 'convinced her ' look as Ava was against the idea of going home.

"Why don't we have a rest? Skyie needs his rest too." I said, patting her head.

"then can I come and see Skyie tomorrow?" Ava's eyes sparkled.

"of course, you can, but with your brother yeah? it's dangerous coming here alone,"

"Okay," she nodded. She was now calmed, her head resting against her big brother's chest.

"then I'll see you tomorrow Ava," I smiled.

"Pinky promise?" she stuck her pinky out which I then locked my little finger with.

"pinky promise,"

Ava then gave a satisfied grin before bidding goodbye. Atlas mouthed the word "favouritism" before turning to leave which got me laughing, but my laughter faded and my smile turned downwards when I saw a red Ferrari pulled over.

not her again... I sighed.

"hi babe," Genevieve smirked upon getting out of the car.

"I'm not your babe and we've already broken up," I said coldly.

"Aw my baby is upset," she gave a cocky grin, gently slapping my cheek. I cringed.

"Get your hands off me," I growled.

She then showed her true colours, grabbed me by my cheeks and glared. "if I can't have you then no one else would, you hear me?"

like she owns me and the world.

There was a part of me who wanted to tell her off. However, I acted differently. I simply nodded and hung my head low. why am I being such a coward?

"Good," she returned to her fake self, gently slapping my cheek again.

"I'll see you around darling," she smiled and then turned back towards her car, her heels clicking loudly against the pavement.

spoilt brat.

A shiver wrapped around my body. The feeling that I have been trying to overcome and avoid for the past few months. I quickly scrambled into the house and took a pill to calm myself.

breathe Kale... breathe...

"oh hey Sky," I gave a weak smile as Sky trotted beside me. He flopped himself on top of my feet, letting me know his presence.

♫