Chapter 2

Open sky

(Pulling through a flurry of wings -- a curtain of swirling color unveiling you and the rescue team returning from the raid, leading the group of freed dragons. You turn in the saddle, revealing bustling berk in the background -- a hive of activity. Literally hundreds of dragons in movement)

Y/n: This... is berk! Your new home away from home. A stunning one-stop, all-expense-paid dream destination!

(They fly into the clustered, overbuilt village skyline. Dragons are perched on every available rooftop, greeting the arriving newbies with excitement. They take flight, following the returning rescue party in a parade of color)

Y/n: So settle in and let your worries melt away! The service here soars, the cuisine's fiery...

(A dragon roasts a rack of meat for a viking cook. The whole hut catches fire. A scauldron flies by and douses it with a blast of water. Gothi cuts across their path, riding her staff like a witch's broom carried by terrible terrors)

Y/n: ...And the locals are as colorful as you get!

(The ground is crawling with dragons of every kind. So many that no actual ground is visible. Vikings travel to and from by hopping from dragon to dragon, like a giant game of frogger)

Y/n: Any run-of-the-mill paradise boasts beaches and sunshine. Well, not us. We've got something no one else can touch. We, my friend, have dragons! Lots and lots of dragons!

(They land on the dragon elevator in the center of the upper plaza. The crowd of vikings scatter, moving out of the way of the new dragon arrivals. Two sheep dressed as dragons continue grazing as the shadow of the gigantic new dragons comes across them. They panic and run off, leaving their dragon costumes behind. Bahamut and you hop off of the elevator and onto the crowded plaza)

Y/n: Gang, meet out latest berkians!

(OOHS and AHHS sound from the crowd. The crimson goregutter surveys his new surroundings as berkians put their hands out to greet it)

Viking: Welcome to paradise, mate!

(The rescue team lands, followed by the overwhelmed newbies. Berkians and dragons alike surround the new dragons, giving them a heroes' welcome)

Viking #2: Aren't you a beauty!

Snotlout: Oh, you're welcome. You're welcome. I took on, like a hundred trappers, a thousand trappers.

Ruff: All with burning undies.

(She snickers. Tuff pops off his helmet. Surrounding vikings and dragons recoil from the stench)

Tuff: My thick, full beard almost caught on fire.

(He strokes his ''beard,'' which is actually his hair, braided around his face)

Ruff: Ugh. Just... just stop.

(Snotlout saunters up to valka, puffing his chest out)

Snotlout: So, hicca's mom, any notes on my bone-crushing assault, or was it pretty much perfect?

Valka: Oh, it was... indescribable. And please call me valka. It has been a year.

(She walks off to inspect the newly freed dragons, leaving snotlout grinning from ear to ear)

Snotlout: First name basis.

(You mash bahamut's cheeks)

Y/n: I think the real hero of the day was bahamut. Isn't that right, bud? What would we do without you, oh king of dragons? What would we do?