Before you changed.

After the bonfire, they all got home and were so tired that they didn't even pay attention to Charlotte's mom yelling at them for being irresponsible or whatever. Charlotte heads to the kitchen to grab a drink, when she gets there, She sees that someone's already there. Conrad.

She tries to ignore him, when he suddenly speaks up to break the silence « who was that guy that you were with, uh, tonight? » He says. Charlotte thought he didn't even notice, when they were at the bonfire earlier, a boy approached her and apparently they knew already each other from a long time ago, his name was Mike. He was nice of course but she didn't really pay attention to him as she was busy with something else.

« Oh, his name's mike, why? »
« No reason, you just seemed to have fun with him » he mutters.
« Like I can't have fun with anyone else other than you? » Charlotte says, chuckling.
« Well, that was kind of the case before you changed » Conrad tells her.
« Wait am I hearing you right or am I hallucinating?, I'm the one who changed? I mean, Conrad look at you, you started smoking, you don't even talk to me that much, you quit football! » She yells.
« Don't start » Conrad says raising his hand up. « Why are you like this, just, just tell me how you feel for the first time in your goddamn life! » She screams in his face, he dosen't respond, instead he starts looking at her intensively, not understanding, Charlotte gives up and says « okay you know what, no need to tell me, forget it » she starts to walk away, when he grabs her by her wrist and turns her around.
He gets closer to her and their bodies are touching, pressed against eachother except for their faces.
He's looking at her in a way that she never thought he would. She opens her mouth to ask what he's doing, he stops her by putting his mouth on hers.
He kisses her for a long time, their lips moving in sync, he lifts her up, she was surprised that he could hold her, Charlotte's always thought of herself as heavy, but not Conrad apparently.
She buries one of her hand in his soft hair while the other one is on his shirt, under his jacket. His hand are on her hips while he keeps kissing her.
She finds herself on the kitchen counter, She hadn't even noticed that Conrad had carried her there.
Suddenly, Jeremiah opens the door and they immediately break apart. Too late apparently.
Jeremiah stands there, his face was white.
« I- I didn't mean to interrupt you guys, just came here to grab a banana, but I'll leave you two », He slams the kitchen door and leaves, Conrad looks at Charlotte, in a you-have-to-go-talk-to-him kind of way, She takes a minute to admire Conrad's messy hair (caused by her of course) and his lips having some red in them because of her lipstick. She leaves Conrad and goes upstairs to jeremiah.