Blinding Lights

Ezra Wood has never been to a gay club before.

As he put on some mascara to enhance his blue orbs and adjusted his crop top and pants, his mind ran a mile per second thinking about how this night would turn out for him.

His friend had cleverly convinced him but, will he really enjoy himself over there was the real question. He had read about this particular club in some high end gossip magazines and wanted to try it out once. He took a deep breath and turned around to face Layla, his only friend. Others were people he just knew.

Layla nudged him and muttered, "you look so amazing. You are going to turn heads tonight."

He smiled at her, "why thank you. You look amazing yourself." Layla was wearing a black crop top along with some denim shorts, her curls danced around freely. She wore a gold bracelet around her wrist which shone against her wheatish skin.

All of this was new to him. He was struggling with his sexuality for quite sometime now. He wasn't sure how was he going to label himself and that was troubling him to no ends. At last, after experimenting and fooling around for a bit he realised that he was actually bi.

He was proud of himself and never felt any need to hide anything regarding his identity. He wanted to express himself freely and after getting unwavering support from his family he felt as if he wanted to dance on the moon.

Tonight he wanted to explore something new, something he has never done before. He was both anxious and excited at the same time.

"Are you ready to go?" Layla asked, smacking her lips together after applying a bright red lipstick.

Ezra ran a hand through his black locks. "Okay. Let's do this."

Together they piled up in his car with Ezra behind the wheel. Layla put on some 90s rap music and both of them sang together to it, going crazy over the lyrics. Somehow, they always managed to make a moment special.

After singing their heart out, Layla turned towards him, "I feel as if we haven't had fun since ages."

"I think it is quite the truth. We have been so busy with our work lives," Ezra said while keeping his attention on the road as the scenery passed by in a blur.

"By the way, why didn't Hazel join us today?" Ezra asked, referring to Layla's girlfriend.

"Her family was visiting today," Layla kept her reply short and the club finally came into view.

As he parked his car, Ezra couldn't help but mule over the fact that he has never done anything as spontaneous as this in his life before. He was always the shy kid, who kept mostly to himself. His goal throught highschool and college was to get good grades and read as many novels as he can. Ezra was never the type to indulgence in any kind of activities that the other people of his age thought was 'cool'.

Gently Layla nudged him towards the entrance and they entered together. The neon lights blinded him for a second or two and he felt dizzy due to the loud music but soon he gained his focus back. They wove through the crowd and towards the bar.

The bartender was busy serving some drinks and so both of them sat patiently and talked about a book launch which was going to take place this week. After a minute or two, the bartender's attention turned towards them.

"Vodka shots," Layla was the first one to answer and Ezra decided to just go with.

"Same," he said when the bartender turned towards him.

Layla grinned at him. "Look at yourself, trying vodka shots, huh?"

"Yes, what would be the point of coming to a club otherwise?" he chuckled and Layla joined him.