two

"That's my name, don't wear it out," that made Eddie chuckle a bit. "What're you doing here, Harrington?" He sighed. "Well, Max called." "Max?" "Yeah, she lives right over there?" Steve pointed to the trailer right across from him, one room still had it's light on, Eddie suddenly felt embarrassed. Had Max seen Eddie crying? "She said she saw you sitting out here alone and thought you needed some company, guess she didn't wanna come over so she told me to come," "I mean, thanks man, but I'm fine." that was a lie. Eddie was a nervous wreck, he was always something bad was gonna happen, like the demobats were gonna come back and tear him to pieces. "You sure? You look a little pale," "Just cold," "It is pretty cold, you wanna go inside?" Steve suggested, pointing towards the door. "Sure," Eddie groaned as he stood up and walked inside. Steve looked back and saw that Max's light was now off.
Eddie sat on the couch holding a bottle of water. Steve sat next to him, sighing. "So, you wanna tell me anything?" "What do you mean?" "I dunno, like why Max saw you crying?" Steve didn't like to pry, but there was something going on with Eddie, and usually when something was weird about one of his friends, it was never good. Eddie stiffened up a bit and cleared his throat. "she must have seen something else, man, you know her eyes are fucked up." "Eddie, I think Max would know if she saw you crying," damn, Steve was really hard to convince. Eddie shook his head. "Okay, maybe I was crying, but why does it matter? It's not like I was crying about you or anything," that was a little harsh in Steve's opinion. "Hey, chill out man, I just wanna make sure nothing bad's happening to you," Steve explained. "If something's bothering you, you know you can tell me, right?" Steve softened, placing an arm on Eddie's arm, his skin was cold. Eddie flinched at Steve's sudden touch, but he didn't move. "Just a bad dream, Steve," he muttered. "A bad dream? Or multiple?" damn, he's smart. "Multiple," he whispered. "Huh?" "I said 'multiple', okay?" Eddie flailed his arms up, clearly lying to Steve was getting him nowhere. "Yes, I'm having nightmares, yes, I was crying on my porch at 1 am, but it's not that big of a deal, alright?" Steve just stared at Eddie with sympathetic eyes. "Eddie, it kind of is a big deal, you know that, right?" Steve rested his hand on his shoulder, Eddie leaned into his touch. "I know, I just," he sighed, tears threatening to spill. "I just want them to be over, man, I barely get any sleep," "What kind of nightmares?" Steve questioned. "My friends dying trying to save me, I get killed by the people who thought I was a devil worshipper, my uncle leaves me, I die trying to save someone else, it just gets worse," Eddie's voice cracked when he mentioned his uncle, he fell onto Steve's shoulder. "It fuckin sucks, Steve, it sucks. I can't even sleep I'm so scared to wake up crying and screaming and no one's here to help me and I just sit here crying until I sleep and have another fucking nightmare." Eddie sniffled and used the back of his hand to wipe away his tears. "Dammit, I'm sorry you had to come over just for me to act a damn baby," "Hey, don't say that, you're not a baby." Steve glared at Eddie, he hated when Eddie-or any one of his friends-talked about themselves like they were shit. "You're rightfully scared to go to sleep, that sounds like hell to go through every night, but you can't expect it to get better if you don't let me help you?" "Who said I wanted you to help me?" Eddie's eyes widened as he said that. "Fuck, i didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry, I'm just, just tired," he apologized, wiping his face. "Don't apologize, man, I understand. You're tired, you're scared, and you need sleep. So go get in your bed and sleep." "But what about you?" "You've got a perfectly good couch, eddie." "No, you're not sleeping on the damn couch." "Eddie, go sleep in your damn bed, I'll be fine out here." Eddie sighed, he was too tired to argue with Steve, cure him for being so srubborn. Before he went to sleep, he brought Steve a blanket from his uncle's room. "If you need anything, come get, kay?" Eddie nodded and went to his room.
For once, he didn't have a nightmare.