Chapter 2- Ahoy

-Y/N POV- (July 1st)

it's about a month into this summer and i still can't stand Robin. she's constantly making rude jokes and just over all being a pain in the ass. i've tried to keep my anger on a low for Steve.

he and i have gotten close. he is really sweet and cares about me. we go eat lunch together on our breaks and sometimes he comes over to my house. without Nancy knowing of course. Nancy would go crazy if she knew i was hanging out with her ex boyfriend.

the only thing that bothers me is that he's constantly flirting with the customers. i don't know why it bothers me. i guess because i thought he liked me. i look over at him. he's currently chatting up a pretty customer. she seems to take no interest in him at all. her and her friend laugh as they walk away.

"it's...it's my first day here..." Steve tries to say but they're already gone.

"and another one bites the dust." Robin says holding up a white board. the board is labeled You Rule | You Suck. she puts another line u see the You Suck "you are 0 for 6 Popeye."

"yeah i can count."

"you know that means you suck, right"

"yeah i can read too."

"since when?"

"come on Robin you don't have to be such an ass." i say.

"oh whatever i'm just telling the truth." she says. "i can start doing one for you too if you'd like. oh wait. everyone already knows you suck."

"okay stop both of you." Steve says. "let's focus on me. it's the hat isn't it. it's blowing my best feature..."

"yeah the whole outfit sucks." i look down at my outfit.

"i don't know y/n i think you look pretty sexy as a sailor." Robin laughs.

"would you shut up." i sneer at her.

"guys stop we have more customers." Steve says. "and you know what... screw company policy" he throws off his hat. i think he looks good with and without it.

"oh my god your a whole new man." Robin rolls her eyes.

"oh my gosh just stop already." i tell her.

"make me" she grins.

-Robin POV-

i sit there smiling at y/n. she's flabbergasted. her face is red. i don't know if she's mad or blushing.

i don't hate y/n. it's just if i act like i do then i won't get attached to her. i know if i got close to her then i'd develop a crush on her. i don't know if she's straight or not, but i can't risk it. she was so beautiful, and if i ever figured out that she was a good person i would instantly fall in love with her.

"you know what whatever." y/n says as she goes to help the customers that Steve is flirting with. he's doing a terrible job.

i go over to my board and put another line under the You Suck. y/n hands them their cones and they walk off.

"i give up." Steve says going into the back. "Robin you take care of the customers."

"wait Steve..." y/n runs into the back after him. i roll my eyes.

-STEVE POV-

"hey don't worry about it" y/n runs in. "they don't deserve you anyways." she sits in the chair beside me and puts her hand on my knee. i look up at her.

"and how do you know that." i say. " i make 3 bucks an hour and i have no future. that doesn't sound that great."

"it's because your caring." she says to me. "you're so sweet too. remember last year when you came to my house to apologize to Nancy and we ended up saving the world with Dustin Henderson? all of that happened because you cared about him. you cared about me. any girl would be so stupid not to swoon over you, Steve." she gives me a small smile.