=Ten=

I woke up in the morning, I almost thought I was a dream until I got up and saw my mom's note that she left saying that she knew that I snuck out last night and then I was going to be in big trouble when she got home from work.

I sighed and crumpled up the note and threw it into the garbage. So he did kiss me. Yeah... that happened. I Clutched my phone before pressing typing in his number and calling him.
I could've just walked over across the street and knocked on the door. But that involved looking him face-to-face, and I was not prepared for that whatsoever.

"Morning." He groggily said.

"What did you mean by fate?"

"What?"

"Remember? Last night when you said that it was fate that we were in the closet, at the party, playing the game?"

"Uh- yeah. I remember."

"What did you mean by fate?" I repeated my original question.

"Just come over for breakfast crazy lady. I'm making pancakes for the bros. Come over. Don't be a loser." He hung up. I looked at the phone before huffing and stomping to my room to change.

He somehow always convinced me to do things by making fun of me—But in the most minuscule way. He was just call me a loser, a dumb ass, a pussy—and then I would do anything. Like go over to his house the morning after he kissed me.

Does he even remember?

I stayed in my pajamas, put my hair put up in a ponytail and marched over there and knocked on the door. Josh open it and rubbed his eyes.

"Hey Neighbor! How's your morning?" He smiled, a small gap in his teeth.

"Fine, all good. Sam invited me over for pancakes?"

"Come on in," he held open the door, stepping to the side. I walked in and wiped off my bare feet on the welcome mat.
   "He's cooking right now, chocolate chip, blueberry, or plane?"

   "Plane for now."

   "Sammy! She wants plane!" He yelled to the kitchen. Jake was setting up the table and glared at Josh.

   "Shut up, you're so loud." He placed a mug of coffee down.

"Whatever crabby pants." Josh ran upstairs.

I walked into the kitchen, my bare feet slowly pressing down onto the linoleum tile that's blade over the dining room in the kitchen. Sam had his back to me, facing the stove as he flipped some pancakes.

"Morning," I muttered. His head spun around and he smiled at me.

"Good morning, how'd you sleep?"

"Not good, I couldn't sleep."

He furrows his brows and went back to tending the food, "Why is that?"

I glance around and saw Jake and Josh weren't around at the moment. I walked closer to him and whispered, "What do you mean? Isn't it obvious?"

"No?"

"So...we aren't going to talk about it?"

His jaw tightened, "No, we aren't. I was fucked up, I shouldn't have done that."

"You did. And we need to talk about it," I crossed my arms. He sighed and slapped two plane pancakes on a white plate and held it out, "Syrup is on the table."

I slowly grabbed it, pretty much in disbelief. How could he completely skip over the subject? I could feel my blood start to boil, the irritation slowly building. He acted, and now he won't speak on it, brilliant.
I scoff and walked to an open chair, dropping the plate onto the wooden table top. I grabbed a fork that was set out and cut off a chuck.