Chapter 1 - Stranger

" Oi! Hurry up, slowpoke! " Kota called from the car, an annoyed expression on his face.

" Coming!!! " Y/N yelled out as she ran towards the car, getting in right as it started moving. She quickly shut the door, shooting a glare at her older brother. " Don't start driving before I close the door. That's dangerous Kota! "

In response, the guy just rolled his eyes as he groaned " If you weren't so slow, I wouldn't be doing dangerous stuff "

Y/N glared at him even harder, letting out an annoyed huff which only made the guy grin.

" You know, if Kazuya finds out about this, he wouldn't be so happy... " she threatened. Kota immediately shot her a sharp serious glare, saying " Don't you dare. "

Y/N let out a sigh as she looked away from him and out the window, leaning on the door. It was a chaotic morning between two very normal siblings.

" Why can't you be more like Kazuya? He's so caring but you're so mean " Y/N complained, a pout on her face.

Kota quickly shot back " He's TOO caring. Doting. I'm balancing it out "

Y/N's mood only worsened at this, pouting even more as she said " I bet you won't even care if I were to get kidnapped or disappear... " For a moment, her voice sounded a little sad and serious, making Kota pause for a second.

However, he quickly shot back with a joke " I bet no one even wants to kidnap a fatty like you "

Y/N immediately turned to him with an offended expression, saying " I'm NOT fat! "

The guy burst out laughing as he joked some more " I bet the kidnapper would die trying to carry you! "

This made the girl start hitting him on his arm out of anger.

" OI! That's dangerous! " He said in between his laughter as he tried to focus on the road.

( And then they crashed- /jk )

...

The siblings continued arguing all the way to college.

Finally, the car came to a stop in the parking lot. Glancing at his sister, Kota said " Don't stray too far from me "

Y/N only let out a huff at this, replying " I'm not a kid, Kota! "

For a second, Kota's expression grew a little serious as he muttered " I know, but... "

He didn't finish his words and instead turned off the car, pulling out the key and getting out. Y/N did the same, shutting the door behind her.

Somehow, I have this bad feeling...

Kota thought, glancing over at his little sister.

He wasn't that much older than her, only a 3-year difference between them. It was still a noticeable age difference. He was almost done with college at 21 and she was only just starting college at 18.

Today, he was supposed to show her around, and introduce her to the atmosphere of college. It wasn't her first day yet.

He let out a sigh as he walked off, Y/N walking closely beside him.

She was a little nervous as well. Ever since her 18th birthday, her luck seemed to be in the gutter.

She'd had 3 near-death experiences so far.

One was on her birthday when the candle fell on her, burning part of her dress. Her clever brother Kazuya was quick to put it out before anything serious happened.