𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ stranger things© chapter fourteen!'the basement'

˚ ˚ stranger things© chapter fourteen!
'the basement'

MADELYN sat on the floor of wheeler's basement, staring down at her knees as the others stared forward at her. she had arrived at the home merely thirty minutes prior, her new friends giving her time to clean herself up before they began their series of questions regarding the events of that night.

"madelyn.. you need to tell us what happened." nancy spoke kindly as she sat on her knees directly in front of the blonde.

she sighed, wiping her hands over her face before she looked up, her eyes glancing between nancy and robin. "jason and his goons found us. i.. i made eddie take the boat so he could get away while i distracted them." madelyn started as she sniffled. "and.. while i was dealing with jason, patrick went in the water; after eddie. he.. it's like something pulled him into the water. he just disappeared. it- it's like i could feel that it was happening again. he's dead. patrick's dead." she spoke, covering her face with her hands.

lucas sighed, rubbing a hand over his forehead at the news of his friends death. "do you know where eddie is? did he say where he was going?" dustin questioned as he placed a hand on his friends shoulder.

"no, no. he didn't tell me. i don't know where he went." the blonde answered, wiping her hands underneath her eyes. "but, jason, he still thinks that eddie's behind this somehow. that he's working with the devil or some shit."

"shit. this is like.. this is really bad." robin mumbled, mostly to herself.

"i'm sorry. i.. i should've followed after him." madelyn spoke softly as she cried into her hand.

nancy scooted closer to the blonde, resting one of her hands on madelyn's left knee. "you don't have to be sorry. you did good finding us, and we're going to find eddie."

"do you think he wo-" steve started before cutting himself off as the basement door opened.

madelyn scooted away, pushing herself out of sight of nancy's mother who was taking slow steps down the staircase. "nance, turn on the news. you all should see it." karen spoke solemnly before turning on her heel and making her way back up the basement stairs.

nancy sent a confused look to robin before she turned to their old living room tv, that was now stationed in their basement. she flipped to the news channel as the group all stationed themselves in front of the small screen.

chief powell and officer callahan appeared on the screen, each looking quite upset. "..officer callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. we made our way to the shore of lovers lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me." he explained, pointing to the home that madelyn and eddie had been hiding out in. "it was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from hawkins high, patrick mckinney. his limbs... his body, it was disfigured.. there was an eyewitness on the scene. and with his help, we have identified two persons of interest. eddie munson and madelyn cunningham." the chief continued, holding up a photo of madelyn and a photo of eddie. "the pair are thought to be working together. now, we encourage anyone with information to please come forward."

"oh shit."

"this is not good. really not good." steve spoke, glancing back at madelyn who was stood at the back of the group, a few feet away from the others.

her face barely displayed the terror she was feeling in her heart. she was worried for eddie, she was worried for herself. madelyn was terrified of what was coming. she felt like her blood was running cold as her fists clenched, desperately trying to calm herself. her heart was beating out of her chest, an uneasy feeling flooding over her as she took a few steps back, retreating back to the wheeler's basement bathroom.

she stared up at herself in the mirror as she closed the door. her shaky hands reached for the handles of the sink, running the warm water as she began repeatedly splashing her face. attempting to get the chief's words from her mind, the scene of patrick's death, the worry that sam was going to tell the police department she had stopped by the night before and was picked up by steve harrington, the fear that something was going to happen to eddie.

her brain was immersing her in fear and worry, the feeling becoming unstoppable as she looked back up at herself, the water dripped down her face as she stared forward, brushing her wet hair from her face. thoughts were racing about in her mind, going over every horrible possible outcome of this situation, each worse than the last.

"madelyn! madelyn!" dustin shouted from outside the bathroom, his voice growing louder as he ran closer to the door.

the blonde slowly opened the door, watching with furrowed brows as dustin nearly tripped on a stack of boxes. "what? what happened?"

"it's eddie!" he spoke as he practically jumped up and down out of excitement. "he's on the walkie! come on." dustin finishes, waving her over before jogging back over to where the others were crowded around the radio.

"i'm at skull rock. do you know it?"

"yeah. that's near cornwallis and garrett; i practically invented the place." steve bragged down to the walkie in his hands.

"have you guys seen maddie? i don't.. i don't know where she went."

steve looked over to the blonde, handing the radio over with a small smile. "i'm here, eddie, 'm okay."

"oh, thank god." eddie spoke in a whisper, the words barely audible over the crackle of the radio. "i was worried as shit."

"same here, eds." madely told as she looked up, watching dustin grab his backpack and nancy grab her mothers keys. "we'll be there soon, just hang on, okay?"

"you got it, dollface."

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗
992

short asf chapter sorry lolz
but, they're reuniting next chapter!
i'm so excited for my little babies

i'm working on the next chapter right now,
so it should be out soon
promise!

love you guys <3

please comment and vote :)
it means a lot to me

and thank you for 20k reads on this book!

also! the steve harrington book will be
published soon :) i've got the cast list/prologue
done and am working on chapter one!
v excited for it

mwah mwah

have a great day lovebugs !!

xoxox
- el :)