one

𝘰𝘯𝘦 : 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳
❝ 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ❞
𝘢.𝘤.𝘦

 Eric walked down the street with his hands in the pockets of his coat

Eric walked down the street with his hands in the pockets of his coat. The weather was getting colder each day, nearing the wintertime. Eric didn't mind the cold weather. If anything, he loved it. It reminded him of his favorite thing, swimming.

The swim season for his team started in the winter. Every year on his calendar, he marks the date of tryouts. The days leading up to it were agonizing as he waited and waited. Every day seemed to move slower than usual.

He could hardly stop his heart beating from excitement. There was only 3 more day until tryouts. That means 3 more days of impatiently waiting.

A cool breeze blew through his hair. The tips of his ears and nose were red from the frosty air. He clutched his duffel bag closer to his side, which contained his old swim uniform. It was getting too small, but it will do. He made a mental note to remember and buy a new one for the tryouts.

But now, he was focused on getting to the pool he always practices at. He woke up early in hopes of no one being there. So when he arrived and went into the locker room.

He was relieved to see no one else's belongings in there. He was glad he could have the pool all to himself, just for a few hours. Of course, he wouldn't mind sharing the pool, but it's nice to have time to yourself.

He sat his duffel bag down on the bench, changing out of his clothes. He slipped on his swim shorts, which rode up his thighs as he walked. They used to lay a little bit above his knees, but now they were up more to the middle of his thigh.

They were getting a little uncomfortable, but he could make do with it until he was done. He pushed open the door to the locker room, leading to the pool. The atmosphere inside was muggy. Dew stuck to his skin as he walked to the edge.

He sat down, dipping his feet into the water. It was warm. Yet he wasn't used to the water, so as he slowly lowered himself in, his body shivered. Goosebumps covered his skin. The feeling never got old for Eric. He smiled as he treaded through the water.

He did a few slow laps as a warm-up. Trying to loosen up his muscles. After a few minutes, he came back to the edge, lifting himself out of the water. Water dripped from his hair, running down his face and body.

He slicked his hair back, pulling his swimming cap over his head. He put his goggles on and went to stand on the starting block. He got into position, fingers gripping the edge of the platform.

Ready, set, go. He said to himself as he pushed off with all his strength. He floated above the water before he felt his body being enveloped by the water. His legs kicked back and forth, doing all the work, as his hands stayed together in front of him.