Tutor Sessions

Gender Neutral Reader (might be some pronoun mistakes in here but I'll fix it when I can)
TW: Domestic Abuse
Read at your own risk.

My whole life, my mom has always expected me to be the perfect child she has always wanted. She always wanted me to have the perfect grades, the perfect friends, the perfect appearance, just.. a perfect life in general. But in order to do that, I needed to do this thing perfectly and to never do that. She just had the most impossible expectations for me.

Of course, I hated this lifestyle she put on me. Instead of having a caring mother that everyone should have, I was left with this woman who wanted to control every aspect of my life. It was an absolute nightmare. I was never allowed to do anything fun or to hang out with people that I genuinely liked. I was never allowed to make my life different somehow.

Eventually, my life became the same old boring routine. Wake up, eat, go to school, listen in class, study during lunch, listen in class again, go home, study, eat, sleep, and repeat. If I ever tried to protest against her, she would end up saying the same thing she always does. "I have done so much for you. The least you can do is do so much for your own mother as well! Be grateful you even have a roof over your head."

I guess she tried to force this life onto me because she didn't want me to end up on the same road as her. A single high school dropout mother who gets paid $12 an hour for serving people at a shitty restaurant. I guess I sorta feel bad for her. I was a mistake, a baby that wasn't supposed to be born. Guess she saw me as an opportunity to fix her life.

When I got to high school, my mom put even more stress onto me. She forced me to get a job and to work harder on my studies so I could get into college. If I got a mark that was below a 95%, she would force me to work harder and if I didn't, she'd threaten to throw me out of the house. I didn't even know how to take care of myself, so I was always afraid of being abandoned by my own mother.

So, on the day I received a test that was worth a high percentage of my mark, I could've sworn my heart stopped beating for a second. I got 89%. A mark that my mother would not allow. This was the last test that would tick my mother off very much to the point where she would actually kick me outta the house.

I need to ask the teacher to change my mark. If not ask, BEG for a higher mark.

As I walked up to the teacher's desk, I noticed a blonde boy being lectured by the teacher. This blonde boy was none other than Francis, the "trouble-maker" of our class. I've always had a bit of a crush on him. I guess it was because I envied him for being able to have fun without caring about what anyone has to say about it.

Of course I never told anyone about my crush on Francis because I always thought it would just be a phase. Just something I would get over with in no time. Besides, I was never his type. Who would date some kind of nerd like me? Exactly. No one.

I couldn't help but listen in on the conversation. "Listen, you are on the verge of failing. But, I am willing to give you a second chance. If you do well on this quiz, I will consider not failing you." the teacher states. Wow, if it were me, I don't know what I would do.

"Ahem," I interrupt, "May we talk about this test? I don't think I deserve 89%. I worked really hard on this test and feel I need something higher than this."

The teacher sighs and places his chin on the palms of his hands. Me and Francis stood there waiting for him to say something, till popped out of his hands with his finger pointing to an imaginary light bulb above his head.

"I know! (Y/N) can start tutoring Francis so that way, (Y/N)'s mark will go up and Francis has a chance of not failing my class!"

"What?" I exclaim.