CH.1; Interview.

I waited outside in the hallway, sitting in a rather uncomfortable black leather seat. I had been scheduled to come in at three o' clock for an interview to work here, as my previous job hadn't ended so well. I glanced at the clock on the wall, heaving a sigh. It had already been ten minutes since I had been told to sit here. Did I get the interview time wrong? It wouldn't be the first time I had done that.

I looked around the brightly lit hallway, studying the various children's drawings scattered around the walls. There were two offices parallel to each other. They both had matching gold name plates above a small grey mailbox. The one I was sitting near was engraved with the name 'Henry Emily', and the one across was 'William Afton'. Henry's office window had drawings signed by 'Charlie' taped to it. William's, however, had nothing but a few letters stuffed hastily in the mailbox.

A few more minutes pass before I hear someone let out a hearty laugh, and Henry's door opened. A middle-aged woman walked out, a bright smile on her freckled face as she waved to whoever was in the office — presumably Henry Emily — and left the small hallway. A ginger-haired man walked through the door, welcoming me with a warm grin.
"Welcome to Freddy's! I'm Henry, but you would most likely be calling me Mr. Emily. You're [Y/N], correct?" he asked, his tone warm and gruff. I nodded, getting up from my seat as he held out his hand. I shook it. "Perfect! Just follow me inside for your interview." I did as he instructed, following closely behind him into the room.

The room was pretty colourful. More children's drawings lined the tan-coloured walls, and there were various posters of bright child-like animal people. He gestured to one of the two brown leather chairs in front of his desk, and I sat down. He pulled out his plush, leather office chair and sat in it, scooting it back to against the desk. He cleared his throat, pulling out a file with my name on it and opening it.

"So it says here that you were fired from your previous job at the café. Could you please explain why this happened, and what you were fired for?" his tone, while a bit more serious, was still cheery as he asked me the question.
"Ah," I started, trying to get my thoughts in order to explain what happened, "I was fired because they thought I was stealing. I wasn't, of course, it ended up being the general manager taking from the register." I decided to be honest, figuring that would probably be the best way to go about this. Less secrets, less ways to be fired again. Mr. Emily nodded, swiftly writing what I said down in the file.
"Alright, that explains things. Now, can you tell me, in your own words of course, why you chose Freddy's for your next job?" he asked, looking up from the file and adjusting his broad, square-framed glasses.
"Well, I worked as a waiter previously, and I figured this would be a good fit for me. It's a little larger than the café, but I think it would be a good challenge," I answered, adjusting myself in the chair. You would think these chairs would be comfier...

"Alright, perfect." he grinned, jotting another thing down in the file and looking back up to me. He bright and cheery exposition had faded, and his tone was now a lot more serious. "Now... you're aware of the rumours we have surrounding the building, correct? If not, I encourage you to not look for any information. If you have, I assume that's not the reason you're wanting to work here."
I was a bit taken aback by what he had said. I quickly stuttered out a reply, "I'm not aware of any rumours, Mr. Emily. Should I be concerned? Will they affect my job?" Mr. Emily shook his head in response.
"It's alright. All you need to know is that the tragedies that occurred in the past few years, while upsetting, had nothing to do with any of our staff here." he reassured me, a small smile on his face as his eyebrows raised worriedly. He scratched at his neck, clearing his throat before continuing, "I need you to fill out a few forms, and then we can discuss employment."

He opened the drawer of a silver filing cabinet, taking out a stack of papers and placing them on the desk in front of me. I blinked a few times, then glanced around for a pen, which Mr. Emily so kindly placed on top of the large stack. I smiled nervously and started to read through the papers. While I did this, Mr. Emily muttered something before getting up out of his seat.
"I'll leave you alone to fill those out. I'll be back in about five minutes." He smiled at me before exiting the office. I smiled back, looking down at the stack of papers. I skimmed through a few of the papers, signing wherever it told me to. Some of these forms were quite concerning, honestly. This was going to take a while...

As soon as I signed the last form, I heard the office door open once more. I moved my head to see who came in, and was not surprised when I saw Mr. Emily. He smiled at me, and I returned the gesture. He sat back down in his seat, and I placed the pen back on top of the stack for him. He smiled nervously and skimmed through the stack, making sure everything was correct.
"Alright, this is great. You'll start tomorrow as a waiter, we can discuss your hours tomorrow. Just so I can get everything ready for you, could you please write down your preferred size?" he asked as he grabbed a sticky note pad, handing it to me along with the pen once more. I quickly scribbled down my pants size and shirt size, as I assumed that's what he wanted. I handed the sticky note pad back to him along with the pen. "Perfect, thanks. Be here by 8AM tomorrow, your shift will start at 8:30. Gives us a little time to go over everything." he grinned, and I smiled.
"Wonderful, thank you so much, Mr. Emily. I'll see you tomorrow," I said as I got up out of my seat and headed out of the office. I left the small hallway and headed out the main entrance. I got in my car and headed home to prepare for tomorrow.