CH. 3; The Tour.

I got to Freddy's bright and early, just as Mr. Afton requested. It was a little hard to actually get up in the morning, but luckily I had gotten Oliver to call me and make sure that I had gotten up. If he didn't call me, I probably wouldn't have made it.
I went into the building, still hearing the birds sing their morning songs out in the trees. I waved hello to the janitor, who was just finishing up his morning tasks. I walked down the hallway to the two offices, then took a few deep breaths as I turned to Mr. Afton's office and knocked a few times. I heard his muffled voice say to come in, so I turned the door handle and stepped inside.

The office was quite different from Mr. Emily's. There were no colourful posters or children's drawings. Nothing but bare dark, unsaturated, violet-coloured walls and blueprints scattered around. Afton's desk sat in the middle of the room, closer to the back. He had his head turned to his computer and was typing away furiously.
        Without looking up he said, "take a seat. So glad you could make it this morning, most people your age hate getting up early." Afton gestured to one of the black leather seats in front of him, so I picked one and sat down. He stopped typing, clicking something with his mouse, and turning off the computer's monitor. "Now then," he turned to me, "let's get started, shall we? I apologise once more for not being able to speak to you sooner. I've just been so busy lately. I'm sure you understand."
        I nodded, "it's alright, sir. I don't mind, I've been settling in just fine so far."
        "Perfect. Now then, I'd like to personally welcome you to our establishment. I'm sure that Henry's already given you the big speech, so there's no need to repeat that." I nodded in response, nervously picking at my nail beds. "Have you had any problems lately? I've noticed you've got quite a good work ethic, which is quite wonderful."
        "No problems so far, no. Thank you for the compliments, sir."
        "Ah, no compliments here, love, just the truth."
        I blushed a bit at the nickname, but brushed it off as part of his accent. British people did that, right?
        William leaned back in his chair, occasionally checking the time as we continued chatting. It was getting close to opening hour now. "Ah, I have a request. We have a new hire starting today, do you think you could take care of him? He's a waiter as well," he said, eyeing me. I nodded quickly.
        "Of course, Mr. Afton. I'll do my best to show him around."
        "Perfect. Well, I'll be seeing you. You better go get prepared for the day now." He shooed me out of the room with a wave of his hand, and I followed his instructions to leave.

As I got ready for work, I started to think about the new waiter. I hope the new hire would be nice, I desperately needed friends other than Oliver. He was my best friend, and I loved him, but sometimes you need others.
        I did my tie, fixing my shirt to be how I liked it. I exited the staff bathroom, heading to the main room to wait for the new hire. They had to arrive soon, we only had about fifteen minutes until the place opened. My mind raced through everything I'd have to go over... Would we even have enough time?
        My thoughts and prayers were answered as a rather tall man entered through the front doors, glancing around. I quickly got up from the booth I was in, going up to the man. He glanced down at me with a look on his face that read disappointment.
        I quickly came up with an introduction, stuttering a bit, "uhm, hello! Are you the new hire? I'm [Y—"
He cut me off by jabbing at my name tag. It wasn't playful, but maybe it was supposed to be? He started to speak, a small smirk on his face, "I'm fully aware of who you are, [Y.N]. You're literally wearing a name tag. It's Damien, not that it matters. Are you the one showing me around?" I nodded, clearing my throat, a bit taken aback by his tone.
        "Yes, I am. It's... nice to meet you, Damien. Let me start by showing you around," I started, gesturing for him to follow me further into the restaurant.
        "That won't be needed. I don't need any help from someone like you," he sneered, brushing past me, harshly hitting my shoulder. I fell back against the table nearest to me from the force. He was kind of rude... Would Mr. Afton get upset at me if I didn't show Damien around? It wasn't like I could do anything about it, I'm sure he would understand.