~Top or Bottom 65%~

Thursday the 28th of November, 201903:52 AM

03:52 AM

It was nearly four in the morning. Chris and Anthony had fallen asleep in the cinema room watching interstellar. Chris had set an alarm for six am so they could be at the hospital by seven to help Kadie when she leaves the hospital. So when his phone started going off, he got up a presumed it was his alarm signalling for him to get up.

Expect it was barley three thirty in the morning and it wasn't his alarm, it was a phone call.

"What the fuck" he muttered, who the hell is calling him at three thirty. So he answered and immediately Sebastian's voice came yelling down the phone.

"Chris!" Sebastian cried

"Sebastian? What the hell is going on? Is everything ok?"

"No" he said, it was obvious in his voice he was crying and panicking "I was talking to Kadie and then her heart rate dropped and she started chocking and shaking and froff was coming from her mouth and then - and then doctors came into the room and forced me to leave and - and I just"

"What's happening now?" Chris yelled, also clearly panicked

"I don't know! They forced me - they forced me out and it's been like five minutes and no one's gone in or out"

"We're on our way Seb, call us once you get an update"

****

"Where is she? Is she ok? What's going on?" Chris rambled the second he saw Sebastian sitting in the chairs outside the section where Kadie's room is. Him and Anthony had just driven way over the speed limit and then sprinted through the hospital.

"She's in her room, they won't let me see her yet though" Sebastian said. Anyone with a brain could clearly tell he was heartbroken, he had huge bags under his puffy eyes, he looked exhausted.

"But how is she?" Chris asked

"She's alive" Sebastian shrugged

"Alive!? Alive doesn't sound very good!" Anthony shouted at the top of his lungs

"Anthony would you calm down? But I agree what the fuck does she's alive mean?" Chris yelled

"They said she's alive at the moment, they have a team of doctors working with her right now and they'll update me as soon as possible, but the doctor had to get back to Kadie"

"Mr Stan?" A doctor said, walking through the doors and letting them close softly behind her

"Yes, yes, yes" Sebastian said, two seconds later he was standing in front of her with Chris and Anthony behind him.

"I'm really sorry but your wife's just been rushed into emergency surgery"

"Surgery?" Sebastian, Chris and Anthony all said at the same time.

"Yes" she nodded

"But what happened? Why's she in surgery?"

"Well as you know Kadie had a tube going into her lungs to slowly take the excess water from the crash out of her lungs and to also help support them, we did this because usually we would preform surgery right away on her lungs but because she's pregnant, it would put the babies at risk, so we went with the machine option. The tube was connected to a large machine, but when Kadie leaves this room she changes the machine to a small portable version, she did this when she went into Daniels room and then went outside"

"But the machine only lasts a certain amount of hours before it needs to be recharged. When Kadie came back into her room she must have forgotten to change the machine back to the main one, so the portable one ran out of charge. And when this happened it first stopped taking the water slowly from her lungs and stopped giving her lungs the support they needed to breath. It then completely ran out of energy so the water it had taken from her lungs, started to shoot back into her lungs, filling them with water. So it was like Kadie was drowning"

"Her heart stopped for thirty two seconds, we used the defibrillator three times to restart her heart and it worked. We then tried whatever we could to avoid sending her in for the surgery we were previously trying to avoid because it's quite tricky and is especially risky for pregnant women, but nothing worked so she's been sent in for surgery"

"What does the surgery do?" Chris asked because Sebastian seamed to have gone paralysed.

"Its called thoracoscopy, they're going in to get the excess water and air out of her lungs. If the surgery goes well she'll be back to basically normal within a week, she'll just have a nasal cannula in her nose for a couple days to help support her lungs"

"And if the surgery doesn't go well?" Anthony said slowly. The doctor was quite for a minute, she was telling them the answer without actually telling them the answer.

"We have the best surgeons in the hospital working with her" she said, trying to comfort them "but this surgery tends to be quite tricky"

"Is it like 90% chance of success and 10% chance of failure or what?"

"It's more 35% chance of success and 65% chance of failure" the doctor said slowly, with a pained expression

"But she'll make it thought right?" Chris begged "she'll make it right?"

"Yeah, I mean when has Kadie Kardashian Stan ever been in the bottom 65% of anything?" Anthony said

"We'll see how it goes, I'll update you as soon as possible" the Doctor said, sending them one last pained smile before walking back through the doors.

________________________________
100,000 reads?????? Excuse me??? What??? Help, so grateful, thank you all so much. Thank you all so much for reading this far, it means the world and I'm so happy your enjoying this book!

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Instagram - @Kadie_K33