Chapter Two: Betrayed Origins

Seventeen Years Later, Just Outside Rhodes, Lemoyne, 1897

"GET GET!" a rough and gruff voice says as a reasonably tall man smacks his horse in the rear. Four more riders ride up to the tall man, all doing the same and sending their horses away.

"Eyanosa, is today the day?" Says a short woman with white skin and in blue overalls. She stands at five feet three inches and carries a lever action rifle. The first man stands tall at six feet, with dark red skin and a black outfit. He's a Native American. The three other men dashed up, triplets. They each wear the same outfit but with a different colored bandana around their necks. They stand at five feet six inches and are white-skinned.

"That it is, Ethel. First, let's go over the plan again." The taller one exclaims. Eyanosa has been planning this day for weeks. Every detail was meticulously studied. He picked the crew, the spot, the time, and the score. Today was the day the young Native American planned to rob a Central Union Railroad train full of passengers.

"What is there to go over, Gaagii?" asks one of the triplets, their bandana being red. He fidgets with his holster as he walks up to Eyanosa. His hair is black, short, and parted to the left, revealing a sizeable scar on his forehead.

"Well, Johnny, I just want to make sure everyone understands," Eyanosa says, leaning against a tree, his boots clicking against the bark.

"What is there to understand? Get on the train and take money or valuables?" says one of the other triplets. This one's bandana is brown. His hair is blonde, long, and parted down the middle.

"That we do not kill anyone on that train, George, nobody needs to die," Eyanosa says quickly. The Native American man thinks momentarily, recalling what his father told him about murder.

"What if one has a gun?" The last of the triplets asks quietly. His bandana is yellow. His hair is brown at a medium length. It is also parted in the middle. He stares at Eyanosa intently, the man's green eyes flickering as George lights a cigarette beside him.

"That's simple, Cayde, shoot them." George laughed quickly before looking at Eyanosa. "Right?"

"No! Definitely not! Take them out safely and without death." Eyanosa says, sighing, stepping off the tree and towards his group. "Nobody has to die, I hope." He sighs and turns his back on the group. He looks through the treeline at the 'target' train station, knowing that this is the only time he has to back down. "If anyone can't do this, call your horse back and leave. There's no shame in leaving."

Nobody spoke up. However, Cayde stared at Eyanosa momentarily as he tapped his fingers against the revolver in his hip holster. Eyanosa stands breathless as he continues to look at the train station. He stops staring at the train station and looks back at the group, causing Cayde to look away quickly. The group stares at Eyanosa, standing their ground.

A train whistle can be heard in the distance, causing Eyanosa to jump, "Alright, fine! You, Arthur brothers, are on crowd control. I want George and Johnny to collect money and valuables. Cayde, you are a muscle. If anyone gets hostile, calm them down." Eyanosa slowly slides a black bandana around his face. "Ethel, you and I will rob the cargo car."

"We know Gaagii; just try not to get lost with Ethel." George teases, sliding his bandana on and putting out his cigarette on the underside of his boot. Cayde and Johnny follow their brother in, sliding on their bandanas.

"Just making sure you all know your roles," Eyanosa says, looking at Ethel, who has not stopped staring at him with doe-like eyes. Eyanosa sighs, looking back at the train as it slowly rolls into the station. "Let's get moving. Walk on, sit down, and wait for the train to get moving before we start."