A CALL FROM MUM!

Several months after the unfortunate incident, Wen's business went bankrupt because of the losses occurring. For Leah, that incident did her good, because she has lifted the burden from her heart.
In Winter, Mrs Phoenix and Carl opened their own business. It was a restaurant, downtown. The grand opening was on Saturday. Being a joint stakeholder of the restaurant Liam came with his kids.

After settling down, the family have a nice talk.
"Am really worried about brother Wen" said Liam
"Dad, don't worry everything will be alright!" Elroy says
"Am also worried, but I don't want to destroy my future!" Leah mutters.

Through out that day, Leah's heart ran like never before. The thought of losing her parents. The thought of never seeing her mom. The thought of never being a family.
Leah was about to go to bed when her phone rang.

"Leah?" The person on the other line says
"Mum!" Leah mumbles
"Yes my daughter, why did you leave us, why?" Her mom shouts
"Mum, you shouldn't blame me, besides it wasn't my fault!"
"All I've gotta tell you said that your dad is really sick. He has diabetes and it's getting bad day by day. My daughter, won't you come home to visit?"
"I'll think about it" Leah says and hangs up.

That night Leah couldn't sleep, all the thoughts were just to overwhelming. Leah told her uncle about the call and he tells her to follow her heart.

Leah finalizes to go before the grand opening, because there won't be any available flight after the  grand opening ceremony....

Calculating her stay back home, Leah won't be able to meet up it the grand opening ceremony. She gives her mum call to inform her  about her chosen decision.

"Am coming home mom, but only for some few days and that's all" Leah mutters
"Oh thank you my child" her mom said in almost a whisper. Her parents hardly call her Leah (her name), they rather call her my child, daughter.... It really hurt Leah, whenever she sees Mrs Phoenix and Carl has a happy family. It really amazed her.

But, there was certainly something wrong in her mom's voice. It seemed pale.

"Mum are you okay?" Leah asks
"Yeah, I am okay" she mutters in the lowest of all voice
"Okay, then see you on Thursday"
"Okay, bye my child!"

That conversation was pretty awkward. But it filled Leah's heart with happiness.