He Comforts You After A Terrible Day At Work

Y/n's pov

The monotonous clacking sound of me typing on my computer keyboard echoed around my empty office cabin followed by an occasional click of the mouse.

My eyes have been staring at the bright monitor in front of me for good three hours with minimum amounts of breaks in between. Although, this may classify as unhealthy and dangerous to one's eye sight, it works entirely differently for me I guess, as I would spend countless hours in my cabin, pushing myself to go beyond my maximum to complete all the tasks that have been assigned to me and to also make sure that I pour my very best to each and every one of them.

I won't go to the extent of considering myself as a workaholic, more like ambitious and driven to complete what's expected of me. If I don't, well, it wouldn't make me feel that hot, plus I would get anxiety attacks and the feeling of having let someone down is the worst feeling imaginable for me.

Suddenly, the door flew open, causing my eyes to finally flicker away from the monitor and in glided my co-worker, Mia who also happened to be my very best friend.

"Hey y/n, my girl," she cheerfully greeted me as she took a seat next to me.

"Hiii, Mia! What brings you here?" I said with a weary smile as the exhaustion of working without a break started to sink into me.

"Oh well, I noticed that you've been here for a while." She said as she started to check out my work.

I yawned in response, leaning back in my chair, too tired to say anything.

After skimming her eyes across my monitor, Mia spoke up, "Whoa. Is this the project that you've been working on for the upcoming presentation for Company Moon?"

"Sure is," I said.

"Wowww. Lemme just say, that it looks awesome!" Mia exclaimed with a huge grin.

I smiled at her compliment. "You really think so? I'm 99% done with it. Just need to add the final bits of information and it's ready to be handed over. I added some additional work of my own. I just feel that it would have more chances of winning over Moon's contract."

"WAIT really? Those additional parts in the presentation are all your ideas? No wonder it looked so amazing!" she squealed. "Manager Hyun-Woo made the right decision in choosing you as the maker of this presentation," Mia said with a warm expression. "You always have at least a 100 things to offer in extra."

She placed her hand on my shoulder as she gazed into my eyes. "You're gonna be the one who's gonna bring us the contract, Y/N. I know it!"

Her confidence in me made me blush and before I could thank her, there was a knock at the door and Sung-Ho, Manger Hyun-Woo's personal assistant stepped in.

"Miss Y/N, Manager Hyun-Woo would like to see your presentation for the Company Moon now," he said with an emotionless voice like he always does.

"Oh er- yeah. I'll be there," I said before he walked away. As soon as he left, I took of at lightning speed. I quickly added in all my last final touches to the presentation before finishing it with a satisfied smile. Then I turned to Mia.

"Sorry, Mia. I gotta go now,"

Mia nodded with an encouraging smile. "Of course, you go girl! Good luck!" She gave me the thumbs up sign as I picked up my laptop and shimmied away from my cabin and towards the Manager's office.

I tried to keep my breathing steady as I walked down the hallway.

The judgement day for all my hardwork of 3 weeks is here.