Chapter 1

I bite the insides of my mouth. Skin rips and the sharp taste of blood fills my mouth. Tasting my blood oddly satisfying.

I live in Luna De Pearla, which was once something called America. We started a new country with a new government. Which we have a king and queen.

"Sheala!" A voice rings out. It's my friend, Raven.

"Raven! Did you really have to scream?" I smack her arm.

She flips her soft jet-black hair with new red tips. "Yes! That is what Raven Valor does,"

I roll my brown eyes. Raven and I are opposites in looks. My hair is this honey color and I have fair skin. Raven has this kind of brutal look on her. She has this reddish eye color and always wears a smirk. 

We both are really good with weapons, but we spend most of our Sundays stealing. Today is our stealing day. I'm hoping for a stale blueberry muffin on the ground.

"Do you have your weapons?" Raven asks. I nod and pull out my knives near a bench.

I have one in my hair, two in each boot, five on my belt, four small ones in my pocket, ten across my sleeve and a grenade in my pocket.

Raven peeks what's in my hands. "Why a grenade?"

"Just in case," I say, tossing one to Raven.

We walk around the square of Territory 14. Our country has 14 Territories. We don't have a specific business, but all of the Territories are split up because of a rebellion. The Kingdom keeps the Territories separated for no reason.

I look around the square and find some clump juicy plums. I move stealthily and take a few. "WHO TOOK MY PLUMS?" a man screams. I look up and it was the shopkeeper of the fruit stand I stole from.

The man's eyes find my hands full of plums. "GIVE ME BACK MY PLUMS, LITTLE GIRL!"

I shudder at the name. I'm 18, not a little girl. "Not today," I smirk.

Raven grabs my hand and we run. She looks at me and mouths, "throw a knife".

I nod and take the most dainty knife in my sleeve. Adrenaline shoots through as the knife gashes the man's forehead. His smooth skin is no more. The man's scar spills with blood, leaving his feet with a pool of blood. But not red blood. Gold. "I see," he says. He raises his hand and a iron bullet is made. He's a Irontron. The House Yoren. A very high house.

"Oh, darn," Raven says. "We're toast."

The bullet rises into the air. "You little girls cannot defeat me," he says. "I am a Gold Blood!"

He lets the bullet fly into the air. When I block myself with my arms, a black fog protects me and Raven.