Just for fun

Three young girls, or so called 'tweens', walked in sync along the poorly lighten road. All three whispered to each other over the fears and expectations of this adventure.

A blond beauty, spoke to me with a hushed voice, "Pail... do you really think we should do this? I mean, what if that house really is haunted?..."

I snorted, "It was your idea, Taylor. No going back now. Plus I don't think you can change Chelsea's mind".

We both glanced at the dark brunette that walked besides me. Chelsea carried many assortments for our late night adventure. Red candles, a Ouija board, you name it and she had it. I grinned to myself. Always over prepared, and not like that junk will work.

Chelsea caught my miniature smile and commented, "I saw that! Tell me what you're thinking. Is it that cute Kyle boy again??!!!"

I laughed, almost choking on nothing, "No way! I only like one guy and it's DEFINITELY not him"

"Then who is it?" questioned the now interested Taylor.

"Why don't you ask the ghosts that!" I teased. Hahaha, I wonder what the 'ghosts' will say. There's a very low chance that we will summon anything, unless.... No, I can't do that here. This is just for fun anyways.

"Hey guys! We are here!" shouted Chelsea.

"Hush hun, people still may be awake" I whispered.

"I doubt so. I mean, it is midnight-ish" retorted Chelsea.

Suddenly, I felt cold arms around my back. Squeezing me tightly. Unstartled, I turn my head to see a frightened Taylor hugging me. "Scared already? We haven't even gone inside the old thing". No response. I then looked up to see what she sees, and just see the house. Silly Taylor.

The victorian house was in good shape for its age. It was the only house that survived through history. I compared the blue-grey house to the brightly painted modern homes. The homes now lacked their usual color due to the inky sky. The two storeyed structure loomed over me. From this angle, it really did look as terrifying as the stories that come with it. Instead of clinging for my life, like the wimpy Taylor, I admired the artwork. It must've taken years to build this. Hopefully the inside is as admirably dark as the outside. The outside was plastered with three windows. All three which were oddly placed only on the second floor. Two were the typical rectangle shape, but the centered one formed a peculiar diamond-like shape.

Chelsea spoke, snapping me out of my trance, "Pail! We shouldn't just look at it, let's go inside".

"You first" I commented. I twisted my body and whispered to Taylor, "I can't walk if you are holding me down like this, get up. I really doubt it will be that bad. It's just stories"

"But but, you're grandma died from this house!" Taylor whimpered.

"She didn't die from this house, you are exaggerating. She was already sick, and no. She did not die in this exact house. Jeez" I attempted to walk on towards the house, to still find Taylor around my waist. I raised my voice and shouted out to Chelsea, who had already walked to the incorrectly hinged door and was twisting the doorknob, "We should go back, we've stalled for almost twenty minutes, and I'd prefer my sleep".

Chelsea ignored what I said and walked back towards us and spoke "Taylor, woman up, we are going in".

Taylor, finally listened, and let go of me but stayed close to me while we tiptoed to the front porch of the house together. The stairs creaked under the weight of all three of us and Taylor whimpered. I can't believe she is already scared. Maybe it was a bad idea to come here. We probably won't even get to use that cheap Ouija board. Chelsea fiddled with the doorknob again, and slowly opened the door. I noticed her breathe halt. I always notice the small things. Thanks Rickie. Without that little book, Rickie, I wouldn't be as educated and skilled as I am. Wish I had the same relationship with textbooks at my school. The door didn't open all the way. Damn hinges. We had to squeeze through and I silently thanked my small size. We all walked in one at time. First the green-eyed Chelsea, and then me, the brown-eyed Pail, and lastly the hazel-eyed Taylor. We all peered around the house. I looked at the hall in front of me. Foggy wallpaper with the slightest sign of a once beautiful emerald green. The hall seemed to go on forever as the dark enclosed it. It was a perfect place to film a horror movie, for the spider webs dangled in the perfect way, the shadows casted in the most deceiving way, and the air was thick with the smell of rotting wood. The rough walls broke into two entrances on each side. It's amazing how much looks can be deceiving. I whispered in a pretend frightened voice, "This place is spooky looking, do you think you can make it Taylor?", before letting her answer I continued, "Good, now which way should we go? There's three ways, and three of us"