Percy & Nico - Epilogue

Percy Jackson officially came out to his parents when he was 16 years old. He did it with the help of his loving boyfriend, Nico Di Angelo. With him by his side, Percy felt a lot more confident. And when he didn't, Nico was there, filing in the blanks.

Together, the two of them explained how Annabeth had lied, and that they've never slept together (though, in the future, this fact is proven untrue). Paul's face fell realizing his mistake. "Percy, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. You're like my baby, even if I'm not your real dad. I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Percy smiled, reaching across the table for Paul and his mother. "You are my real dad, Dad. I've glad you're looking out for me. But, I'll be okay. Nico's looking out for me." Percy said. He looked at Nico, who was spaced out, staring at the floor. "Okay, well maybe not right now but y'know... metaphorically."

Sally smiled and tapped on the table in front of Nico, making him look up. Percy's sign language was still rusty, but he made out a few words.

My home, your home. Welcome to family.

...

The two of them moved away after Nico graduated high school. Percy was accepted by Stony Brook University (after lots and lots of study with Nico. So. Much. Studying) and was going to do their marine biology program. Nico was going with him. Not only that, but his sister and Reyna were accepted into the same school.

Let's go on a picnic. Percy had suggested one day. Nico thought it was just an innocent date. They've been on lots before, what's another one?

So he agreed. Percy left almost immediately, saying he had to get everything prepared. Then his friends came over.

"We're here to help!" Hazel said with a smile while Piper went straight to his closet. Reyna made herself comfortable on his bed, judging the outfits Piper picked out. The boys and Thalia were downstairs. "Help?" Nico asked. "It's just a date, guys. Really, we've been on six this week."

"It's Sunday though?" Reyna pointed out.

Nico nodded. "Exactly. Percy has taken me out everyday. Monday through Saturday. Today's date will mark number 7." He looked at the girls in the room, who all seemed to be sharing glances. "You all know exactly why he's doing all this, don't you?"

They nodded simultaneously.

"But you aren't gonna tell me, hm?"

Again, they shook their heads together.

Nico sighed. It's not like he didn't love the attention he was receiving from Percy. No, he loved that. He was more confused by it if anything. Percy was never the 'big gesture' type. He did little things everyday that made Nico smile rather than one big thing every few weeks. This was different. And the thought made Nico worry.

Piper snapped in front of him. "Hey, I know that face! I promise, it is not anything bad. Now, try this on."

...

Jason snapped photos like a mom watching her kid leave for prom.

"Seriously, what is going on?"

Leo laughed. "Nothing, pronto a casarse."

"What did you call me? Was that Spanish? Your lips move faster in Spanish."

"I just- called you my good friend." Leo wrapped an arm around me. "Now, come on! I'm playing chauffeur."

Nico, Jason, and Hazel got into Leo's car while Reyna, Thalia, Piper got into Frank's.

They arrived at the park a moment later.