gold rush.

"gleaming twinklingeyes like sinking shipson waters so invitingi almost jumped in

"gleaming twinkling
eyes like sinking ships
on waters so inviting
i almost jumped in." — gold rush lyrics from evermore album.

this one shot is heavily inspired by taylor swift's songs called gold rush and daylight.

word count; 3k words

this is just me practicing writing more poetic sentences and improving my writing skills :))

╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

October 18, 1963

That was the day the first time I saw you.

It's been forty four years since both of my very eyes fell into yours.

It's 2007 now.

It felt like time stilled when your eyes met mine. I could vividly still remember it, the scene flashing into my mind.

At that moment, I knew it's possible to fall in love at first sight.

Because I did, when both of our eyes meet.

I remember you were wearing a black trench coat with a suit underneath, with your hair falling into dominoes.

And I was wearing my usual yellow long sleeve shirt.

You were the most beautiful man I've ever seen and since then, I never looked at anyone anymore the moment I saw you.

I couldn't even think of anyone else ever since I saw you.

I couldn't even be bothered by the fact I was a homosexual. I didn't care.

It wasn't even a sin in the first place anyways.

It was night that time and the streetlights were golden, illuminating and painting the whole area with its color.

And I was just walking to my home when I stumbled upon you, with your dog who was peeing on the sidewalk.

There was a smile on your face as you watched him pee. You ruffled the top of his head.

"Good boy, tannie."

I just stood there, watching you not too far away from me. It was also the first time I heard your voice and god, it felt like every vein inside of my body got addicted to it. Want to hear your voice again.

Your smile brightened up the whole area, you made it look more golden.

It was night yet you made it look like it was daylight.

In all the cities I've lived in, here in Cornelia Street, fate decided to let me meet you here.

And I don't blame fate because with you, I've learned what love feels like.