Chapter 1 - Welcome

The rain had stopped and I was told to sit and wait for someone to pick me up. I can't believe he was gone, why didn't he listen to them, why did he go back in? I tall, lean, muscular man walked in, he had a nice suit on and slicked-back hair. He walked over to me ad bent down. 

"Hi, I'm Oxon. You can call me Ox if you'd like" He said with a soft smile. I didn't reply.
"I'm sorry about your dad" He continued.
"Thanks" I answered
"I know this is tough and you're in a lot of pain right now. But you need a place to stay now. There are other kids there just like you with nowhere to go" He stated. I didn't wanna accept the fact that I was all alone now. He looked at me and tilted his head. 
"You can just stay there for the night alright," He said standing up. I slid off the bench, and he smiled softly and walked towards the exit and I followed. We walked to an SUV, and there was a dog sticking its head out one of the windows. 
"That's Zino." He said as he opened the door for me. I climbed in
"Hi, Zino," I said petting his head. Oxon got in the front seat and started the car. Zino laid his head on my lap.
"What kind of dog is Zino?" I asked.
"He's a blue marble border collie" He replied. 
"He's really pretty," I said as I stared out the window. I watched the world go by. We eventually drove to a house on the outskirts of town, there was a black gate and a huge yard. He parked the car and got out. I opened the door the got out, Zino followed. 

"I will introduce you to the other kids and then I'll make dinner. Alright?" Oxon said.
"Alright," I replied.
"Zino will stay with you till you are comfortable" He stated as we walked into the house.
"I thought you said I was only staying here for the night," I said stopping in my tracts. He chuckled softly. 
"You got me. Sorry to lie to you like that. I know you are still processing it was the only way I could think of getting you to let your guard down." He answered. I didn't say anything just continued to follow him. He let out a whistle and the kids stopped what they were doing and came to him.
"Alright everyone we have a new member, I want you to welcome him and make him feel at home." He announced as I stood next to him. The kids looked at him and then at me. A girl about my age walked up to me and stuck her hand out. 
"I'm Trixie nice to meet you," She said. I looked at her for a moment before replying.
"Keith" I replied shaking her hand.
"Welcome," She smiled.