seven

September, 2016

"So we draw names from this hat," Gigi said, slurring over her words. "Whoever's chosen goes into one of these MANY," She waved a dramatic finger around the house. "Closets. Pitch darkness. At least seven minutes." Taylor slowly inched away from the living room, hoping no one would notice her attempt to try to escape the game. Martha wagged her finger at Taylor as Gigi continued explaining the game.

"Tay-tay you are not going away-way," Martha giggled, pulling Taylor back into the circle, much to her dismay.

Taylor grumbled, crossing her arms as she whispered into Martha's ear, "This just feels like an excuse to let the couples fuck."

"I know," Martha said giddily, looking towards her boyfriend Jason. "Isn't it great."

"Do the honors of drawing first?" Gigi passed the hat full of names scribbled on paper to Lily.

Smiling, she drew two sheets of paper from the hat, barely glancing at them before announcing the names, "Looks like Ed and Cherry!"

"I feel like I'm back at eighteen," Taylor heard a voice whisper in her ear, and jumped to find Joe, who had somehow crept up behind her.

At the sight of his face she smiled, "I know right? I feel so stupid."

Joe grinned as Lena pulled out two names from the hat, oh so coincidentally managing to draw Martha and Jason from the hat, "It's a little fun, at least." Taylor shrugged, turning back to face the rest of her friends.

"NEW CHALLENGE!" Martha said as she held her wine glass up in the air. "Whichever coup- two people stay in the longest win."

"Win what?" Gigi asked.

"THEY JUST WIN!" Martha screamed drunkenly before running off with Jason.

Taylor rolled her eyes, turning back to Joe, "Sooo fun." Joe shook his head and chuckled, waiting for the next names to be drawn. Four drawings later and by some crazy, totally coincidental, occurrence most of the couples had paired off together. Soon it was just Zayn, Gigi, Joe, and Taylor in a circle together.

"Oh look at this," Gigi smiled innocently. "It's Taylor and Joe."

Taylor gave her an instant death glare, "No it's not." Gigi grinned, hiding the papers from her. Joe sat awkwardly, tapping his foot with his hand. "Gigiii," Taylor whined. "I quit the game, I don't want to play." She gave Joe a sympathetic look, "No offense, Joe."

"None taken," Joe raised his hands up.

"Nope, you're going," Gigi shoved Taylor in Joe's direction. "It's fine, completely platonic."

Taylor grumbled something along the lines of 'fuck you' as Gigi mouthed to her that she'd be thankful later. Before Taylor could get another word in, Gigi dragged Zayn in another direction. Joe leaned back on the carpet, "I feel sorry for whichever housekeeper is cleaning the closets this week."

Taylor scoffed, "Boy are they in for a surprise."

Joe looked down at his hands, "So..."

"How long do you think till everyone else is back?"

"Did you see how they all ran off? At least an hour," Joe chuckled.

Taylor let out a loud groan, "This was supposed to be a group get together not a couples-fuck-together."

Joe shrugged, "You know they all get horny when they get drunk."

"Good thing I'm not drunk then," Taylor looked up at Joe.