CHAPTER 2

"I cannot believe that I'll say this but Muta's right." Toto sighs in defeat.

"Is it really about Har—"

"Of course not," Baron replied calmly. He turned his back towards them to take the broom nearby.

"Why would I be thinking of a customer that way? That would be unprofessional." He continued while carefully brushing away the shards of glasses. His sharp green eyes keep focusing on the dust the broken teacup left behind.

Muta huffed in annoyances.

"Oh cut the crap Baron!" He cursed out loudly.

"Muta calm down!" Toto said while flying down, landing perfectly on the chest that Haru used to sit on when she visited the bureau for the first time.

"Like hell, I will! " The fat white cat groans while sitting on the couch.

"Can't you see it, birdbrain? He clearly cannot move on yet! " Muta pointed his paw "finger" towards Baron.

Baron stiffened a bit at muta's statement. His reaction doesn't go unnoticed by the crow.

"Get out you idiot, you only making it worse." Toto tell Muta with a light headshake.
The white chunky cat huffed lazily and slowly make his way out,leaving only Baron and Toto now.

Toto hops down from the chest and close the door of the refuge that's still wide open.

"Geez,when will he learn some manners.." Toto mumbles quietly.His short session of downgrading Muta's actions are interrupted by something. Specifically,by  the faint sound of a book falling.

"I can't take this anymore toto.." Baron confessed with a quiet sigh. His body sinking deeper into the fabric of his favourite chair.
Toto turns around and looks at his dearest friend worriedly. He knows Baron isn't talking about Muta, so his guess was right all along.

"Come on Baron..we talked about this..it wasn't your fault..we..we—"

"If only..I didn't hesitate that time..she could still be here..with us.."

"With me.."
Baron unconsciously interrupted with his not-so-silent-thoughts.

Toto was left shook,especially after hearing the last sentence of the orange feline.
He stare at Baron curiously.

"It's been 2 years..but..I couldn't forget her..if only.." Baron continued while closing his eyes,his voice no longer hold the same energy.It's only laced with regret and sorrow.

"If only you can tell her you love her right?" The black crow added as Baron's figure stiffening.