Chapter 18

As I opened my eyes, bright light shone, which made my eyes close shut again. I opened my eyes again, adjusting them to the new source of light, and I could slowly take in the surroundings now. I was in a room without any windows allowing me not to see the outside world. A single door was there in the corner and a mirror-kind of window. 'I assume then that they can see me but not vice versus. I'm like in some damn zoo., I sighed frustrated. I tried to move, but something held me back and a sound of metal clinked against each other. "What the hell", I whispered to myself while slowly starting to panic. My feet and hands were chained. In other words, I was hanging in the middle of the room, not able to move my limbs in any way. In the next second I can hear a 'click' and the door is thrown open. Coming in was Kureto accompanied by two soldiers and a man, who wore a white smock. 'A doctor? No. He looks like some fucking mad scientist.'

All of them wearing a sick smile. "Finally, you've woken up", Kureto started, "so then, there are now two options for you, my dear. Either you are going to tell me everything you know about the bloodsuckers voluntarily or I am going to force it out of you." He grinned then diabolically while leaning in so that we were now face-to-face on the same height. "Of course, either way you are going to die. So, what it gonna be?" I spat at him with boiling anger. "Go to hell, you asshole." He wiped off my spit with his gloved hand. "I see you've made your choice then." And the next moment, he slaps across my face powerfully. A strong feeling of burning sensation was spreading now on my cheek. He stood up and walked to the door. He, then, stopped. The next thing I hear made my blood go cold. "Punish the traitor!", he commanded and a 'yes, Sir' was heard. And so, the door flew close, leaving me and the three men alone. After the doctor-looking man noted something on his small notepad, he left the room and came after few seconds back, rolling in a table with small wheels attached to it. Different kind of items were laying there. Things one can't even describe what they really were or rather for what they are used. Apart of them there was a strange machine with lots of wires and cables attached to everywhere. I gulped. "Let us begin then", the 'scientist' exclaimed with a huge smile like a child has gotten his well-deserved candy. "What are you going to do to me", I managed to ask, shaking slightly. "Oh~ now this is something you are going to find out any minute. But don't worry I will begin first with a small warm-up." Next he took a whip with very little spikes, which were running all along it. As the scientist approached me, the soldiers laughing, I started gasping. But before I could do anything or scream out, he took his first swing and lashed it to my chest. He then continued to whip me at all parts of my body. I could hear my uniform getting ripped and I could feel how those spikes were piercing through my delicate skin allowing warm liquid to run along my body. I couldn't hold in the pain any further and so a first scream left my throat. Hearing that, he started to laugh hysterically repeating his action again. After what felt like eternity he stopped. I felt sore. Gasping, every inch of my body hurt as hell. Suddenly, cold water was splashed at me, making me scream out loudly in pain and agony. Tears streaming now down. "If you want me to stop then tell us all you know about the vampires like what secrets do they hide, what do they plan next and so on", the doctor inquired. "In your wildest dreams! Go to hell", I barked at him. He sighed. "So feisty, I see. Then tell us about the thirteenth progenitor. I mean, in the end, it was him who turned you, so he must have told you something." "Never", I spoke coldly. Anger was now radiating from this man in front of me. "Wrong answer", he stated so dangerously calm that chills ran through me. In next moment he breaks my arm making me screech my lungs out and a loud sob escaped right behind. "It's a shame to see such a beauty betraying us for some monster." After that, I saw him making a sign to the soldiers and darkness overtaking me.