Love hate

3rd person P.O.V.

Shadow made it home and yawned, now realizing how heavy his eyelids were. He lay down on his couch and looked over at the clock and it read '10:45' he sighed at the fact he was so tired and drifted off slowly.

Shadow woke up to a blanket of golden sunlight in his eyes. Annoyed he groaned and sat up. He rubbed his eyes and then looked at the clock, '7:30'. He stood up and walked to get in the shower.

Rinsing the shampoo out of his hair he thought about Sonic and last night. He thought about how smoothly he slid the flower behind his ear.

He stepped out of the shower and dried his hair with a towel and got dressed for the day. He looked at himself through the mirror and thought to himself 'Jeez Sonic would never actually like me' and at that thought, he started coughing again. 'God what is wrong with me?! And why do I only cough when I think about Sonic?!' Shadow got on his knees once again and continued coughing.

He reached up to cover his mouth just as flower petals and blood came out of his mouth. He sat there catching his breath and staring at the rose petals and blood that covered his hands. "What the fuck?!" he thought to himself out loud. He sighed in confusion and stood up to wash the blood and flower petals off.

After cleaning himself up and in the bathroom he brushed his teeth and entered the living room. As soon as he entered or he saw the rose Sonic had given him laying on the couch, 'It must've fallen off when I was sleeping he thought to himself. He walked over to the rose and picked it up, replaying all the events of last night once again. 'Now to figure out why the hell I'm coughing up flowers. '