16. Bitter Truth

She went to her new house, only to be welcomed by loneliness and emptiness. It was normal. Obviously it would be empty. But the emptiness in her heart stings way too much than this physics loneliness.

She hurriedly took a shower and went back to the hospital to ask about jimin's whereabouts.

She reached at the reception of the hospital. The lady who was the receptionist, knew her because Obviously Y/N was in the hospital for almost three years.

" Hello, I'm here to ask about a patient. " Y/N said to the receptionist with a smile.

" Oh, hello Ms.Y/N, I can help you. Can you tell me the name of the person? " the receptionist said also smiling at the former patient who stood in front of her.

" Yes, it's Park Jimin. Can I know where is he right now? " she said with so much hope laced in her voice.

" okay, give me a second please. " the receptionist began looking through the files that were stored in the computer.

" I'm sorry, Ms. Y/N, what was the name again? " the receptionist said making her gulp. Her throat felt dry.

" Park Jimin. " She said in a low voice.

Her eyebrows furrowed looking at the receptionist's expressions.

" Miss, the person named Park Jimin is not here in the list of current patients of hospital. " the receptionist said making you frown. How is that possible? Even if he went home or somewhere, his name still must be there.

" can you please check again? It's not possible. He was here just some days ago. " she said, now desperately looking at the receptionist.

" Umm, I don't know how is that possible but trust me, I checked everything two times, there is no one named Park Jimin. " She said making her even more confused.

" please, I need to find him. Is there no other way ? There might be some other files which are not here?! " she said, now tears almost visible in her eyes.

She was desperate to know where is he! She is desperate to know where is her savior, her angel in disguise. Her childhood best friend. Her Jimin.

" I understand miss, I think he might have got his name removed from the record of current patients, it is possible that he might got discharged from hospital. So his name can be in the former patients' file. I'll ask one of the nurses to bring you to the file room. " the receptionist said with a smile to make her feel a little bit better.

" uh- okay! Thank you so much. " She said and bowed a little to show her gratitude. Soon a nurse came and led her to the files' room.

" Miss, I need to go, attend some patients. Is it okay if you find the name yourself? I'll show you the file. " the nurse said and she nodded her head.

The nurse handed her the files and walked out of the room, leaving her alone.

She started going through the files hurriedly but carefully to not miss any name.

There was every information of the patient in the file. Including why they left the hospital, what was their illness and the time period of their stay in the hospital as a patient.

She went through so many files and flipped so many pages. Lastly she found it. His name.

A hot tear escaped from her eyes, blurring her vision that made her not able to read the file properly.

She quickly wiped her eyes and looked at the file.

Name: Park Jimin
.
.
.
.
.

Illness: heart disease
.
.
.
.
.
.

Time period of stay: 3 years
(From 2017 to 2020)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Cause of leaving the hospital: Death

Death.

That's when it shattered. Her heart.

How is that possible?

She has just seen him some days ago. It wasn't even a month, it had been hardly two or three weeks, since she had last seen him.

He hugged her with his own arms!

Touched her with his own hands!

How can he be dead? That's just not possible.

Her tears flowed like a hard rainfall. A continuous string of emotions.

Was that all a lie?

His warm words, his calming aura, his beautiful smile, his comforting embrace !

How can he lie to her? How can he break her heart by telling those wishful things?

Was that all nothing,
just some Pretty Lies?!

He can't be that cruel, can he ?

He will come back and tell, everything is alright and he is there for her, right?

No.

This can't be happening!

Her hopes got crushed cruelly by the bitter truth. Truths are always bitter but it stings more when you have your hopes high.

Is this how it all will come to an end ?

Is this finally the end ?

Her mind was a mess so as her heart. The file was long forgotten, she stood up from the chair and made her way outside, without caring about how she looked right now or people would stare at her, as she was a crying mess.

Nothing mattered right now. She couldn't stand another breath in that stuffy room.

It was suffocating her. Everything. It was too much to take in for her.

How can she just believe that her one and only friend whom she loved without any selfish reasons, who made her believe in herself, who made her smile again, is no more.

That was just cruel. Reality is always cruel.

Her feet made its way towards the hospital garden, as if they had their own brain for a moment.

She saw the same bench, which reminded her about their first meeting.

That's when she remembered.

The purple stone !

____________________♡_____________________
[A/N] I'm your SUGAr~ 💜