Chapter 3

Aleera and Ariadne walked to the party area. Aleera stood at the top of the stairs and waited for the announcement. She stood there in the gold dress she chose to wear for this party. 

"Announcing our future Queen. Crowned Princess Aleera." The man announced, and everyone stopped to look up at her. She gulped a bit, before putting on a smile as she made her way down the steps. 

Ariadne followed behind her. Staying close to her. 

Aleera's eyes looked around and soon found her future husband looking back at her. He looked surprised. Frozen in his spot. She turned her gaze away from him and kept walking down. He also changed in looks since last time. Sure, he wasn't aging anymore, but his hair has grown, she hated to say that she liked him with hair.

Geralt came forward to the end of the staircase. He was in awe of how she looked now. She looked like a Goddess. One he read about with the Greek books when he has gone to Greece. 

He held a hand out to her as she started getting to the last few steps. Just as he did when she was last here. She put her hand in his so he could lead her to where they were needed. He took her to where his uncle and aunt were seated. 

He moved her to stand in front of her, as he got down to one knee as he put her ring onto her finger. She kept the smile on her face as everyone around them cheered for them. He brought her close as he stood up. He held her face and leaned in to kiss her. And since no one would see it, she sucked in her lips so he wouldn't take her first kiss.

He noticed and didn't put his lips on hers. Not pushing her.

They moved their face away from each other still hearing the cheers of everyone around her. She was surrounded herself surrounded by beautiful Fae's. She was surrounded by people who will look down at her for not being Fae. 

All over again.

And he will be one of them.

___

The party was going on in such a merry way. She looked around and as Ariadne came up to her with a tray. Aleera was looking at a man who was passing through. He wore all black and leather. "He's a fine specimen." Ariadne said grinning.

Aleera felt a little smile come to her face

Aleera felt a little smile come to her face. "I don't know who you're talking about." She told her friend. "Oh. Of course. You are engaged." The two girls giggled to themselves. "Here is your drink." Ariadne told her, Aleera took the golden goblet, and took a sip of the wine.

"Ariadne is it?" It was Queen Anita. The two girls looked at her. Ariadne curtsied to her new queen. "Yes, Your Highness." She greeted. "Please give us a moment. I would like to bring my future niece to her future husband." The queen said. 

Ariadne nodded and gave Aleera a supportive smile before walking off.

___

She was taken to the balcony where she was told to wait for Geralt to meet her there. So, here she waited with her goblet. She looked out at the beautiful scenery outside of the castle.