Thinking it over

Its been a couple weeks since my mom told me I do as adopted.

My mom says my real parents want to meet me, I don't want to meet them.

This is my family, I don't need them. They don't need me either or they wouldn't of given me up like that.

I feel the tears build up in my eyes just thinking about having to leave my mom.

I pull my blanket tighter around me, the warmness of it comforting me.

I stare at my wall, lost in thought when I hear someone knock  once, twice, three times on my door.

   "Come in" I say.

Expecting my mom to walk in, I put on a fake smile but when I see the familar face of Taylor peak through it turns genuine.

   "What are you doing here?" I ask giving him another small smile.

   "Come to check on my baby" he winks walking closer to my bed.

I blush lightly but don't say anything.

   "You look like shit" He states bluntly.

   "Wow thanks" I mumble and he pulls me flat against him.

   "What happened Kitten" He whispers gently in my ear.

I smile at the nickname he gave me earlier on in the year.

   "My mom told me some news" I whisper as he nods slowly, silently telling me to go on.

   "I'm adopted" I blurt the tears instantly coming back again.

   "Hey, hey it's not that bad. There are a lot of people that are adopted. You have loving parents that chose you" He whispers soothingly in my ear.

   "No Taylor, that's not why I'm upset" I whisper as he shoots me a questioning look.

   "My real parents..." I start.

   "Yeah?" He asks.

   "They want me back"

His eyes widen with surprise, "They can't do that can they? I mean they gave you up signed the papers and everything. They can't take you back"

I look up at him, shaking my head lightly.

"I don't know Taylor, they said they are going to do everything in their power to get me back" I say playing with my hands.

"Do you want to go?" He whispers softly in my ear, my breathing quickened.

 When did he get so close?

I shake my head lightly, "Of course not, this is my family"

"Then you won't, everything is going to be alright. Don't you worry your pretty little head" He whispers pulling me back on the bed.

We lay there side by side staring at the ceiling, the silence drifting through the air just waiting for someone to break it.

"I don't know what I am going to do" I admit breaking the silence.