Principal DeGeneres

Zaya knew that if she wanted to get further in life that she would have to go back to high school to get her GPA. But she didn't know where to start. There were a lot of questions that had to be answered. Which school would she go to? Would it be the same one she dropped out of? Would it be a different school? Would any school accept her knowing that she dropped out? Was it possible to even go back?

She tried looking for information on the internet but she didn't find anything useful. So there was no other option left than to go to a school and ask them for information. And there was only one high school that she could think of at the moment. The high school that she dropped out of, Valley High.

But she was reluctant about going back to that specific school because she knew everyone there, the staff and the students. But then again that could be a good thing. Starting over in a completely new school might be very hard. And after all, she did had friends at Valley High. It was clearly the best option.

It was early in August so it was the perfect opportunity to go back. She drove to Valley High and parked in the parking lot. She walked out of her car and into the office inside the building. When she opened the door, she saw a familiar face. It was Ellen DeGeneres, the principal of Valley High, talking to the desk workers. Ellen turned her head and quickly noticed Zaya standing by the door. She was surprised to see her. " zaya is that you? I didn't think I would see you here again." Zaya responded, "Yeah, me neither. But I have to ask you something if you have time." Ellen agreed. She moved her to the principals office so they could talk somewhere more private. Ellen's office was very clean and organized. She was a very sophisticated and intimidating woman. Zaya couldn't believe she had to guts to tell Ellen was dropping out all those years ago. But now she was back, and she had to be brave again. Ellen sat down in her chair, and stared at Zaya in an intimidating way. She said "So, what brings you back here?" Zaya took a deep breath, then said, "I have questions, and I need you to answer them." Ellen raised her eyebrow in suspicion, then said, "Okay, go on." Zaya nervously replied "Hypothetically speaking, if I wanted to get my high school GPA, would I be able to get it?" Ellen leaned forward from her chair and laid her arms on her desk. Then she said "So what you're saying is, you want to go back to school?" Zaya nodded her head while looking at the ground. She didn't think about how embarrassing this moment would be. She left this very school, and now she's crawling right back. But desperate times call for desperate measures. Ellen stayed silent for a moment. The office was silent, the only noise was the AC Vent. Then, Ellen asked "How old are you now?" Zaya responded, "17, ma'am." Ellen replied, "Hmm, so then you would probably be grouped with the seniors. With the same people you went to school with as a freshman and a sophomore. You would have a lot of work to catch up on, since you weren't here junior year, but I suppose that it's possible. Would you like to register?" Zaya was shocked but excited. She happily replied, "Yes, Thank you!" They did the paperwork, and Zaya was reinstated into the school system. When all that was done, Ellen said "I'll see you next week when school starts. Don't be late." Zaya nodded then left the school building and went into her car. She started squealing out of excitement. She didn't think it was possible, but she was going back to school. And with the same year group of people too, which meant that she didn't have to start over again with people she didn't know.

Soon in a week she would have to go back to school.

.