Prologue

It's their story

Brooklyn Bella Gatina

I walk through the front door to my warm and welcoming home, also known as my childhood home that my husband surprised me with after we got married in Tree Hill, North Carolina, a town I've always known, where I live with my husband and our four kids, Kieth, Danny, Madison, and Alice. I instantly hear the little pitter-patter of feet coming my way before I can even unwind and set my stuff down.

"Mom, Dad was just about to tell us the story of how you guys fell in love," Keith says with the biggest smile on his face; when he smiles like that, he reminds me of his dad. I can't help but laugh, "Sweetie, are you sure you want to hear the romantic tale of your father and me?" I question him, setting down my bags and taking off my coat.

"Yes," all four of my children's voices chime in unison. Madison and Alice, my two little girls, yanked my hand and dragged me into the living area.My boys, Keith and Danny, not too far behind me, my heels clicking against our hardware floor where my eyes finally meet with my husband's. He is sitting on the couch, smiling at me as I make my way over to him. I peck his cheek before sitting down next to him and cuddle into his side, making him smile even more as our kids found their seats.

"You gotta help him tell it," Danny says. I turn to the love of my life, "Does this have to be told right now?" I ask him curiously, and he just nods his head at me, laughing, "They asked for it." I sigh with content with how my life has turned out. I smile, "Let's start from the beginning, shall we?" I say, crossing my legs underneath me.

AN: please enjoy our prologue and give it some votes and comments etc.

— kenakixoxo

— kenaki
xoxo