Chapter Ten:Cockblocking

I think you guys should go do the no more bullying challenge!!!(*˘︶˘*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek squeezed into the kitchen to grab himself and Stiles a beer. The crowd seemed to all be college students or people in their mid twenties. Derek didn't mind some of them seemed mature enough to be there.

Laura jumped up from behind Derek causing him to almost spill his and Stiles' drinks. He glared at her as she went to reach for another drink, Derek didn't like that Laura was always getting drunk at parties. He scowled at the back of her head before walking back to Stiles.

Stiles was laughing loudly with a couple of other people, his smile brightening Derek's mood. Derek handed him his drink with a smile, Stiles thanked him or at least tried to but the music was too loud. Derek drank some beer and listen to the on going conversation, it was the same girl from earlier with two guys and another girl.

"Oh my god I love him he's so adorable." One of the girls squeaked pinching Stiles' cheeks.

Stiles laughed, Derek noticed that one of the guys had a jealous look in his eyes. He wanted to laugh because of Stiles' sexaul preference. Derek knew that Stiles was enjoying the attention he was getting,he took another drink looking around.

"How long have you two known each other?"Juliana hummed biting the insides of her cheeks.

"Since sophomore year." They both said in sync.

"Aw, so you guys are like best friends." The other girl said with a small smile.

"Actually, we're dating." Derek laughed and Stiles grinned at him.

They both saw both the guys sigh with relief, and the girls couldn't really hide their disappointment. Stiles took another drink and the subject was changed quickly so it wouldn't be awkward. From the corner of his eye Derek could see Cora kissing the guy modestly from the other side of the room.

He excused himself and made his way towards them, he could also see Dustin walking towards Cora too. He grinned before making his face look stone cold serious. Cora looked mortified when she saw Derek walking their way.

"Hey babe." Derek wrapped his arm around Cora's waist, she turned bright red. Was he seriously acting like her boyfriend to scare the other guy off.

"Oh, wow!" The guy nervously scratched at the back of his neck, "Er, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend."

"Colin, look this is a mis-"Cora tried to rush out her sentence but Derek was quicker.

"Colin, why the hell do you think it's okay to be a home wrecker." Derek growled by now Dustin had made his way to them also glaring at poor Colin.

"You okay,bro?" Dustin looked at Derek who nodded still glaring at Colin.

"I'm just gonna go." Colin backed away slowly before bumping into a crowd of people and speed walking away.

Derek unwrapped his arm from Cora's waist and highfived Dustin. Cora looked beyond furious with both of them. They stopped celebrating when they saw the look on her face, she looked hurt and angry combined with ashamed.

"You guys are dicks." She spoke through clenched teeth, "I'm going home."

"Laura wait-"It is was too late she was already storming out of the house and into the darkness.

"I'm going to go make sure she get's home safe." Derek looked towards where she left with worried eyes.

"Okay, I'll round up the others so that we can leave soon." Dustin walked away and Derek walked to Stiles who was talking excitedly with hand gestures. A habit he could never kick, a habit Derek loved.

"Hey,babe Cora stormed out of here upset and I have to go check on her." Derek murmured softly to Stiles who nodded.

"What happened?Is she okay?" Stiles automatically became concerned for Derek's younger sister like she was his own.

"Yeah she's fine, I just ruined her chances with a guy." Derek muttered looking guilty.

"Derek." Stiles wacked his arm roughly.

"I know it was a dick move." Derek rubbed at his arm.

"Well go get her." Stiles pointed at the door with wide eyes.

"Okay, okay." Derek nodded, "Can I get a kiss?"

"Not until you make sure she's safe."

"Wow, cock blocking sister who's not even here." Derek growled and trudged out the door.

He made his way into the woods following her scent and tracks. She was most definitely easy to follow, he would have to help her with that, she shouldn't be easy to follow it makes her more vulnerable towards enemies. Derek could hear her grumbling from afar and perked up, he had found her safe.

"Cora!" Derek shouted out and heard her stop talking.

"Derek go away!" She called back by now Derek had found exactly where she was at and stood in front of her with a half smile.

"Seriously,Colin was such a sweet guy and he actually liked me." Cora looked like she was about the cry.

"He kissed you before the first date that's not sweet." Derek shook his head," He just wants you to have sex with him."

"Stiles kissed you before your first date." Cora accused.

"Pfft, who told you that?" Derek scoffed.

"Laura." Cora glared.

"That's bull shit, Cora we didn't even have sex until senior prom." Derek admitted not embarrassed at all, "why in the world would he kiss me before we dated."

Cora looked defeated, like she couldn't be angry anymore. Derek knew she wasn't one to hold grudges for very long, he was glad too or else he would have never been able to convince her to come home safely. They walked with each other quietly, enjoying their surrounding sounds.

"I guess you're right." Cora huffed.

"Aren't I always." Derek nudged her.

She laughed and they continued to walk in silence until they reached the cabin.