"What a voice!"

Continuation from the previous chapter

─────── ⑅*❀*⑅ ───────

Nandini's POV

Fast forward to one hour and now the chemistry period is over. 

"Okay class, see you all again on Thursday for the practical session. Have a nice day" said Sir Shashank.

"Thank you sir. Have a nice day sir" we sang while he waved his hand at us and walked out of the class. 

I frowned seeing Fulki walking towards us.

"Why is she coming towards us today?" I whispered to Aryaman.

She is fondly known by me as fakey. She loves making fun of people, she loves comparing people, she loves body shaming. She is such a jealous soul. She thinks that she is the best and all others are below her. I dislike such kind of people.

"Maybe trying to drop her shit on the new boy" whispered Aryaman back. Oh, I see that's the reason. 

Aryaman hates her, not only Aryaman most of us dislikes her. 

The new boy was sitting in front of us with Mukti.

"Hi Manik, I am Fulki one of the toppers of the class" she said in her usual sweet voice reserved to the good looking boys, high class people.

Toppers? She doesn't even come in top ten position, then how is she a topper? Fakey!

"Hi" he whispered hesitantly.

What a voice!

"Come and sit with me. I will help you catch up with the subject notes." she said looking at him. She kinda ordered him. 

I rolled my eyes so did Mukti and Aryaman. 

"Bulki, have you even written the notes?" asked Cabir while she moved her head and glared at him. 

Cabir calls her Bulki, Bulky...

Cabir could hear whatever she said cuz he was hand distance away from Aryaman and not to forget he has sharp ears which is so useful only at times.

"Yes I have. I am not like you people who laze around when the teacher teaches" she said and faked a smile at Cabir.  

Fakey my mind screamed!

"This shows a lot about you" Mukti commented.

"What do you mean?" she asked arrogantly.

"Please stop fighting" said the new boy softly. 

His voice sounded like a dripping chocolatey cream.

"I am not fighting they are the ones" Fulki said to him coming back to her sweet voice.

"Come let's go" she said to him. 

Why is she so hellbent on making him sit with her?

"Sis, I am all good here" said the new boy. 

Sis? Sis? Does he mean Sister?

I can't-

Did he just call her sister?

I laughed out loud and so did Aryaman, Mukti and Cabir while rest of the class turned at looked at us weirdly. 

Fulki's face was worth watching. 

Get the doctor uhh no get an ophthalmologists. 

Her eyeballs are in danger. 

Gosh, I have never seen her like this before. 

Overly baked dough!

"That's why you were so keen on making him sit with you. Seems like you are not bad as you are. Such a protective sister wanting to shield her brother." said Cabir after a minute of laughter. 

I can't take it anymore-

Fulki threw an angry glare at Cabir, then stomped her foot and moved to her seat. 

We burst out laughing again while the new boy looked confused.

Let me name him confused cutie. 

I was about to speak to him when Mrs. Verma our English Literature teacher entered the class. 

I feel sleepy cuz it's literature.

"Good morning class" she said

"Good morning madam" we sang

"I see a new face in the class" said Mrs. Verma looking at confused cutie.

"Yes madam, he is our new classmate" said someone from the class. 

"Oh nice, so now there are 30 students in the class right?" she asked us.

"Yes madam" some of them answered

"Can you please give a small introduction of you so I can get to know you. Your name, from where you are, your likes, what you want to be" she asked from confused cutie while he stood up from his chair.

Everyone turned their head towards him waiting for the most wanted introduction.

"I am Manik from the city of cutesy. I like to read crime fictions. I want to be a cardiologist" he said.

"Fantastic. You may sit down." She said while confused cutey sat down.

If I ever plan to murder him one day it would be a problem cuz he reads crime fictions.

Why would I murder him? I don't know!

What if he plans to murder me? He might be knowing many tactics.

Why would he murder me? I don't know!

Looking at him anyone wouldn't be able to say that he reads crime fictions.

He looks so innocent.

Then he wants to be a cardiologist.

Oh God!

Then it would be, the cardiologist stole the heart and makes his way to the criminal justice. 

I came out of my thoughts feeling a side push on me. 

"Where are you lost? Listen to the lesson" whispered Aryaman

"Which chapter?" I questioned opening the book and conveniently ignored his  question.  

"Chapter 2: Murdering the Innocents" he answered.

Woah!

"THOMAS GRADGRIND, sir. A man of realities. A man of facts and calculations. A man who proceeds upon the principle that two and two are four, and nothing over, and who is not to be talked into allowing for anything over. Thomas Gradgrind, sir—peremptorily Thomas—Thomas Gradgrind. With a rule and a pair of scales, and the multiplication table always in his pocket, sir, ready to weigh and measure any parcel of human nature, and tell you exactly what it comes to..." Mrs. Verma kept reading the first paragraph of the book 1 chapter 2 of the novel 'Hard Times' by Charles Dickens and then kept on explaining each paragraph and what they actually depict from it. 

Urgh, just like the name of the book, listening to this gives me hard times.

How would it be if I have to study it? 

HARD TIMES!

More than listening to the lecture I leaned to the wall and was admiring confused cutey side ways. 

His hair seems silky. 

Shall I touch it? 

─────── ⑅*❀*⑅ ───────

[Unedited]

Your thoughts on the chapter?

Do vote and comment

Thank you!

Stay Blessed 💞