Chapter 12

School Dance Blues pt. 2

It's finally Saturday night

It's finally Saturday night. Dance night. Lorelai is sitting on the couch reading a magazine. Her ankle is still messed up so she has been on the couch.

"Come on already!" Lorelair called out from the couch

Rory and Delilah were in their room both putting on the finishing touches to their looks. Rory was in a two tone blue/gray off the shoulder dress, that fanned out a little. her her was pinned up and out of her face.

Delilah was wearing long sheer black gloves and a black dress that slightly hugged her figure. the back was meshed and low cut. her hair  was up and curled at the top, with two pieces of hair in the from framing her face. her makeup was very natural and glowly. she had on slight smokey eye that made her blue eyes look brighter. and a glossy lip.

"We're primping."

"You're 16. You have skin like a baby's ass. There's nothing to primp."

"OK, OK, here we come, " Rory comes into the room first wearing her dress for the dance. then Delilah.

"Wow. Someone hit you two with a pretty stick."

"These dresses are amazing. You outdid yourself." Rory gushed

"I love it" Delilah smile

"It's beautiful, babe, you two look beautiful. Come here Rory "

"What?"

"Stray hair."

"Fix, please."

"Yes. Hm. I think my favorite part is the shoes." Lorelair said to ROry

"The heels hurt."

"Well, beauty is pain"

"I'll just throw them on on my way out" Rory shrugged

"No, you should put them on now and let your feet get really numb." Delilah smirked as she put on her own heels

"That's sick." Rory cringed

"Go get me the hair spray." their mom laughed

"OK," Delilah said getting up while Rory runs to get her shoes. Suddenly the doorbell rings.

"It's open!" Lorelai yells from the couch

"It's me! I got tacos!" Sookie yelled walking in with a bag

"Yay!"

"I got extra hot sauce and a couple of extra burritos to put in the fridge in case you get hungry later."

"You take such good care of me. "Lorelai smiled

"Hey, Sookie. Look." Rory said walking in and showing off her dress

"Hey sookie! Oh tacos!" Delilah cheered handing her mom the hairspray

"Oh my God! Movie stars! I'm serious." Sookie gasped, "Oh my -- At some point tonight, walk down a flight of stairs. Movie stars always walk down staircases."