Mirror

Mary had just finished getting dressed after her bath. Her parents were outside chatting with some of the neighbors, so Mary decided to just hang out in the bathroom for a bit.

She was brushing her hair, using the long bathroom mirror to help her. Her hair brush quickly became an instrument of imagination, first being a brush, then a microphone, then a magic wand.

However, soon, she heard the voice again. It was louder, and sounded like it came from the mirror.

"Hello, dear."

She looked at her reflection. It was distorted, like something was attempting to alter it. Her limbs appeared longer, with her fingers seeming stretched and bent.

"Yes, dear. I'm right here." Her reflection seemed to speak. Though the voice was kind, hearing it come from such a vision frightened Mary quite a bit. It didn't help that the voice seemed to mix with her own, clashing heavily.

Mary rubbed her eyes and looked back. Her reflection seemed taller, and her eyes were a jet black with black goop seeping down her reflections face.

"My sweet angel. You've grown so much since I've last seen you.."

The voice seemed to coo at her, like how her mother would coo over a cute baby or a puppy.

"W..who are you?" Mary finally grew the courage to ask.

"My sweet child! I am your father."

"But....my daddy's outside! With mama!"

The reflection laughed. The laughter echoed through the bathroom, making her heart feel like it would burst from her chest and run away.

"Oh, dear sweet thing. Of course he is. He is your dad, I am your father. I helped your mother make you."

Mary stepped back away from the mirror, gulping a shutting her eyes tight.

"What's going on?! I'm so confused!"

Mary then felt a warm hand gently cup her chin. She opened her eyes to see who was touching her, glancing at her reflection.

Her reflection was no longer there, replaced with a beautiful man. His hair was dark and very long, his bangs covering half of his face. He was adorned in blue clothes and what seemed to be more types of flowers than Mary could name.

"You will understand in time, my sweet child. I am so happy that I get so see you again. My sweet Mary, be not afraid of what's to come, for your transformation will be glorious."

"Lord Keigman.."

That was all Mary could say in response. Her heart raced as she felt the same warm hand gently tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I will speak with you soon, my dear child. I love you." The reflection spoke one last time. As Mary blinked, the man was gone, and get reflection was normal again.

"Mary! Are you done in there?" Her mother's voice broke through the silence as she opened the door.

Her and her mother made direct eye contact, with Mary's expression giving her away.

"Mama....that was daddy.."

Mary's mother nodded, taking a deep breath and swallowing hard before closing the door.