001

trigger warning  for  child  abuse,   cheating  and  death  involving  car  accidents

trigger warning for child abuse, cheating and death involving car accidents

trigger warning  for  child  abuse,   cheating  and  death  involving  car  accidents

he used to idolize his mom. used to be so confident that she was the most perfect person to exist. he used to love his dad. used to be willing to spend as much time with him as possible. and then it just went to shit. so, painfully quick.
he was just trying to teach his sister how to ride her bike, without the training wheels ! he looked away for one second ( looking back, it felt like hours ) and she was dead. a five year old was taken from the world by an idiot driver that day while her older brother had to break the news to their parents. after looking at the mangled body.
and that was only the start of the problems for eight year old jefferson. his parents argued constantly after his sisters death. placing blame on each other and even trying to blame him. as if he had anything to do with it.
after a year of constant arguments, his parents split. a mess of cheating accusations and painful memories regarding his sister, the court settled that he would stay with his mom in flordia. as she was more financially stable on her own. and jefferson was given the chance every summer to visit his dad, who'd moved to derry.
the first summer of visitation when be was fourteen wasn't bad. his dad acted weird but never miserable to be around. and the visits got worse and worse. derry seemingly making an asshole out of his dad.
quickly, he realized that his dad was a shell of the man he'd been before. a shell that took enjoyment in watching the only child he had left ( the one that would never be anything but trouble ), fear and obey. it was a sick cycle but the boy couldn't not visit. he couldn't tell his mom about it. she wouldn't listen because all those years and she still wanted her daughter back.
but he could handle the constant reminder that he would never be what his sister could have been. he could find thrill in starting fights with innocent people of derry to just feel some sense of security. knowing someone feared him like he feared his father.

vicious,    august  twelfth,   twenty  twenty  two

vicious, august twelfth, twenty twenty two.