Summer Has Officially Started

"Liv, you have to pack good, hot clothes, not just comfy clothes." My best friend Taylor said. I roll my eyes and throw the closest thing I can find at her. Just so happens that the closest thing is Jr. Mint, the bear Conrad won for me 3 summers ago. Jr. Mint hits Taylor's arm but she catches him before he falls. Picking Jr. Mint up, Taylor mimics making out with him. "Oh Conrad, it's always been you Conrad. Kiss me!" Taylor says barely making it out before she starts laughing. "Don't think I don't catch you staring at my, this is nasty, my brother all the time. Oh yeah , that's what I thought." Taylor starts beaming red. "I-I do not?" I raise an eyebrow to her response. "You don't? Are you sure, because that sounded a lot like a question." She gets up off my bed and walks towards me, with Jr. Mint still in her arms. "Don't forget you make out practice bear, though I bet you won't be needing that much." She drops Jr. Mint onto my open, messy suitcase. "And what do you mean by that?" I ask. "I hate to break it to you Liv, you got hot. And if Conrad still doesn't notice you, I say you go for Jeremy. I'm #TeamJelly." The thing about Taylor is, that she's my best friend, she knows more than my mom, Belly, or Steven know about me. But she doesn't know that I know that Belly is in love with Jere. I honestly don't even know if Belly knows that I know. But the perks of being an older sister, you pick up on the hints, you always know. "Well thanks for your input Tay, but I'm team Liv gets to choose who makes her happy." Which will always be Conrad, has been and forever will be. "So does that mean you'll test things with Jere this summer? I've only been telling you he was the one for YEARS now." I lay flat on my back and sigh. Changing the topic I say, "I have to finish packing, otherwise I won't make it to Cousins until next summer."

Thirty minutes later, my entire closet is on my floor. "You seriously have NOTHING to wear, Liv. We need to go shopping when you get back." I know Taylor means well, but I enjoy wearing my over-sized clothes. "I'm serious Liv, if you ever want anything to happen between you and the Fishers, you can't wear your over sized t-shirts all summer. And you need a new bikini, stop wearing that ugly speedo of yours." She says getting up and walking over to her bag. "LIV, GET IN HERE!" I hear Belly scream my name. "Welp, duty calls, brb." I get up from trying to fold clothes and pack my suitcase. Walking down the hall I hear a long, exaggerated sigh. One of two things are happening right now, one, Belly has no idea where her favorite crop top is, and she thinks I took it, or two, she needs my help deciding if an outfit looks okay, because she always needs reassurance. I stop at the frame of her door, which was wide open. I think her room looks worse than mine, but she also has more clothes than I do. "Did you take my crochet halter top? I literally CAN'T find it!" I smile a bit, "Bells have you looked were it always ends up being? In your laundry hamper. You wear that shirt at least once a week, it's probably in there." We both start walking to the hamper, and sure enough with a bit of digging, it appears. "Thank you Liv." She says with a smile of relief on her face. I walk out of her room and head back to mine. Belly and I have always been pretty close, we bicker at most, but never fight. Steven walks out of his room and heads toward that bathroom. "Don't forget to pack a toothbrush just in case Susanna doesn't have a spare." I say to Steven laughing. "That's so not funny." Two summers ago, Steven forgot his toothbrush, and I hid all the spares in Jeremiah's room. He was surviving off mint gum and mouthwash for two weeks. Once he finally found them in Jeremiah's room, he wrestled Jere all the way outside to the pool, then pushed Jere in. It was the funniest thing that happened all summer. Then of course, Steven found out it was me, and I got chucked into the pool.

 I get back to my room to find my suitcase packed and Taylor cleaning up my room. "Aww how sweet, your cleaning up my room that you destroyed." I say walking to my bed. I shove the big pile of clothes to the end of my bed. I plop down onto my bed and sigh. Taylor hangs up the shirt she just put on a hanger and comes over and lays down next to me. "This summer, everythings going to change Liv, I just know it." I look to my right, facing Taylor. "I don't want everything to change, what if I ruin something. It feels like too much too fast to think of." Taylor turns to me and gives me the best Taylor hug. "Yeah well, if you get a chance with one of your men, take it. How bad can it go? They reject you? You all are so close that I doubt anything will happen." I squeeze Tay a little bit tighter. "God I'm gonna miss you." Taylor sits up. "Well, it's not like your birthday isn't two weeks away, and I'll be with you." I smile. "Two weeks are going to feel like forever." I say getting up off my bed. I do a short walk around to make sure I have everything packed. "I think it's time for me to go." Taylor says walking up to me with open arms. We close in for a huge hug, that lasts for at least three minutes. "I love you Liv, don't forget to give me all the details about everything." I smile. "How could I forget. And don't break so many hearts while I'm gone." We both laugh at my comment. She walks out of my room, grabbing her bag by my door. Which looks a lot less heavier than when she arrived two days ago. "Bye Bells, bye Steven!" Taylor calls walking out of the house. I walk over to my suitcase, and open it. I find a small piece of paper. "I thought you could use some help of mine, you welcome. - T" "TAYLOR!" I scream even though I know shes long gone by now. I counted at 13 crop tops, 8 tight and i mean TIGHT shirts, and 4 mini dresses. Taylor has good style, but I've never really cared about my clothes being "in style", I just like being comfy. 

Within the next fifteen minutes, I pack my toiletries, and then mom calls everyone down. It's time. "Steven, Liv, Belly! Get everything and get down stairs! We have to get everything in the care in the next ten minutes! We have to be on the road in twenty!" I grab my bags and head down. Me, Belly, and Steven are playing tetris trying to get all of our bags stacked. We get everything figured out, then mom walks out with snacks and drinks for the ride. "Shotgun!" I say as I climb into the front. Steven is driving that means mom and Belly get the back. Steven puts the car in reverse, then were off.