GONE // Part one // chapter 0-2

I feel rain on my pelt. I smell fear, I hear barking. Im calm and limp because of my mother gentle grasp on my scruff but I know something is wrong. Rain pats down as do paws in a rhythmus way. My feel my scruff gently lowered to the ground. The jaws are snatched away, gone.

CHAPTER ONE

Lilac

Liliac made her way down to the stream feeling the autumn breeze and hearing the river justle past. She smelled the air pausing to feel the amazing feeling of beauty and peace. Finally, after days of being in the den, a break from her pups. When she had gone away to find a den shed never have thought she wouldve missed her mates gentle voice or the peace of having time to yourself, even just hunting with another wolf and not by yourself. But things were different now, her mate hadnt come back and she was scared. Maybe this momment could be a momment of peace, she could forget the absence of her mate. She shook her fur off. Opening her eyes from once being closed and finally facing this mess. I have to find food. Those words would echo in her mind for a very long time, every moment, food, must find food. "Sqeak!" what was that? It sounded like a rabbit?

But she didn't smell rabbit and if it was a rabbit even though she couldn't smell a thing wouldn't it be running away by now? She looked to where the noise had come from. The bushes. She approached carefully keeping her pads silent on the dieing leaves of autumm. "Sqeak!" another sqeak. "Yip". What ever this was it was noisey. She took another step. "wine". A wine? She suddenly reconized the noise, a pup. It sounded weak and not as strong as her pups barks. She took another step and poked her head into the bush. There lay a small white, black, gray and tan wolf pup. It lay with its eyes closed and it was clear it hadnt had much milk latley. Poor thing, she thought. She picked the pup up by its scruff. Might as well look after him. He smelled of juniper and dirt. Werid...

She trotted back to her den keeping the pup high above the ground. She could see her den now. Inside a large hollowed out tree trunk. She skipped inside. She smelled it before she sore her. Her mate was finally home. She placed the pup gently on the next with the other pups and approached her mate. "Dasil where have you been? Ive been worried sick!" Liliac said worriedly. She could see Dasil was tired but luckily she had a rabbit next to her that they could eat. "Oh Lilac im so glad your okay! I didn't know what would happen to you, theirs bears, hawks, everything that could harm you and the pups".

Lilac leaned into dasil smelling her fur. " And yes I guess I should adress the fact I was gone so long" Dasil smiled. "ive been looking everywhere for food! Winter is going to be hard honey because im out of places to hunt" Dasil said her eyes filled with greith. Theyed already lost one pup because of the harsh life they had. "im just glad your okay, now I found this pup in a bush, I-I couldn't leave the little guy out their to die so I brought him back" lilac said adverting her eyes from her mates face to look at the pup.

CHAPTER TWO

Dasil

Dasil looked at the pup. He had shiny fur that was shades of gray and hints of tan scattered the edges of his fur. She stood forward to smell his scent. A strange smell met her as she inhaled the pups odar. An almost juniper and honey smell. She lifted her head from the pup. "Well what should we name him?". "Im not sure, hes a beautiful pup though" Lilac said. "How about we follow the theme of the other pups names, naming them on ther scents, he could be wild?" Dasil suggested. "Yes! I love that name!". "come here wild" lilac said as she nestled Wild and the other pups Sweet, Rain, and moss.

Dasil smiled. She picked up the rabbit she had hunted ealier and lay down next to her mate. They talked and shared the rabbit. Life was good, she had her home, her mate and her family with a new addtion. She could feel Lilacs gentle breathing next to her. She yawned and stretched her legs. She lay her head on her paws waiting for sleep to come and take her. As her eyes started to close she heard the sound of rain outside. It was beautiful just like the life she had carved out for herself. She took one last look at the den before slipping into a peaceful sleep.