06| "Ive found the right perosn to be in out family"

___

Grow into the person you want to be

___

We've landed in Italy

We've landed in Italy. We're in a car I've rented out for today, until I leave which should be tomorrow morning at around eleven.

I honestly have forgotten about how beautiful Italy is. I've always loved Italy, not only because of the place, but how nice the people are, the food, duh obviously who wouldn't like spaghetti and pizza made by the place that created it, and the language they speak.

I've always thought Italian was a beautiful language. I love the accent, the way it just flows. I love how it sounds as well.

I do know some Italian, because Ace taught me. I remember we were teenagers. He would compliment me or say something and I'd try say the words he's just said.

He did find it funny when I couldn't pronounce some of the words and...

I hear a chime form my phone. I look and saw it was form Aubrey.

Aubrey: hey girl, sorry I didn't let you know what happened I was just drained and tired.

Me: no problem, but how did it go??

Aubrey: it was...an experience.

Me: judging from your answer it wasn't that good?

Aubrey: yeah :/

Me: so who did you end up picking.

Aubrey: my mother.

Me: are you happy with the decisions you made?

Aubrey; I mean yeah I am, but when I chose my mother, I looked over to my father and saw sadness. That's all I saw Naomi. Sadness in his eyes.

Me: sorry, but are you at least going to see him on weekends or something?

Aubrey: yes, I think they said on the weekend.

Me: I don't know if I'm comforting you.

Aubrey: trust me as long as I'm talking to you that's the best comfort I could ever get.

Me: good 😊

Aubrey: okay enough of all of that, I want to talk to my child.

Me: she's sleeping.

No like she really is. Amara loves sleeping. I don't. I can't actually. Once I'm awake I'm awake, unless I'm really drained and stuff.

Aubrey: then wake. her. the. fuck. up!

Me: okay, okay. Chill girl, give me a second.

I turn my body, stretch my arm and reach as much as I can over to Amara. I shake her thigh to get her to wake up.

"Amara."

"Amara."

I whisper to her and her eyes start to open. She looks over at me and a small smile makes I way onto her lips.

"Aunt Aubrey wants to talk to you." I say and just like that she's wide awake.

"Here." I hand my phone leave to her. She mumbles a thank you and I turn my body so it's facing forward again.

I all of a sudden her Aubrey's voice burst through the speakers of my phone.

"Hey queen." She says.

"Aunt Aubrey!" Amara says.

"Am I hearing that right. Naomi bitch do you hear that. Did you literally hear that. She said Aunt Aubrey."

"Mhm I heard."

"Girl, can you be a little more happy and add some enthusiasm. We're celebrating something huge here." This made me roll my eyes playfully.

"I wish you were here." Amara sadly said.

"I know me too. I just have some issues hear at home that need to be fixed."

"Is it bad?" Amara asks.

One thing I love about Amara she cares about other people. If she sees someone homeless she's ask me if we'd give them some money and I'd agree.

I remember this women and her three children being so grateful she was crying.

Amara even waves at them and they'd smile. Just the little things could makes someone day so much better.

I've told Amara, that not everyone's living the way she is so she shouldn't be bragging and be a spoiled brat about the things she has.

"No. don't worry I've fixed them."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm okay Amara."

"I miss you."

"Me too girl, but I promise when you come back home, I'll come see you as soon as possible, okay?"

"Why don't you talk to me like that!" I asked.

"Because your a bad bitch and there's no need for me to talk to you like that and Amara's my child. And I love her more than you and she too cute." She said.

"I think moms jealous Aunt Aubrey." Amara says with a giggle.

"No I'm not." I protested.

"Yes you are." Aubrey said.

I let them talk for as long as they need to. I like listen to their conversation. They Entertaining.

It makes me happy knowing that I've found the right person to be part of our family. Unlike the rest of my family, who will never be part of my family as long as I live.

You wanna know why? Well if not I'm still gonna tell you.

So my parents told me that, when they got my gender, they told everyone in their family. But they all weren't expecting a girl. They were expecting a boy. They wanted a boy.

So they got mad and said that I'd never be part of their family. That if my parents wanted to stay in the family, they'd have to do an abortion and try again for a boy or leave the family .

But luckily my parents still loved me and left them. They never talk to them or ever mentioned them once except for the time when I asked them about them.

Enough about that now. So, Amara and I have to go shopping for tonight, because I didn't get the time to get us dresses for tonight.

Xavier already had a suit he brought a while ago that looked good for tonight, so good for him, he doesn't have to stress about getting an outfit ready.

___