Chapter Eight: Alice's Secret

NewWorldFool: Hello, everybody! New World Fool and CloudStrife07 coming at you with another chapter of The Royal Strikers! And boy are things gonna get juicy now that we've finally circled back to the opening of the story. Oh, and before we continue, I would just like to point out that in this fic, Ren/Joker and Akech/Crow are the only characters in this story and series who have the Third Eye ability. Joker did not teach it to anyone else, as CloudStrife07 and I believe that the other Phantom Thieves having it is merely a gameplay mechanic, as it is always Joker who is expected to find the secrets in P5/P5R, and we never actually see him teaching the other thieves how to use it.

CloudStrife07: Also, I would like to personally apologize to all of our readers who have had to wait so long for this chapter to come out. To be honest, I wasn't really at my most focused with writing this chapter like I said I was going to be. I've been so distracted with enjoying my summer break and playing many different types of video games and reading some nice Minato x Mitsuru fanfics (Mitsuru has officially become my new personal favorite P3 girl. She is just... MMM! I'd highly recommend reading Change of Engagement, Defiance of Fate, Heiress, and One Last Time.) ...But recently, I've been struck with grief with the loss of one of my favorite cats in the whole world, and the pain I felt from that loss was what made me actually get off of my lazy ass and actually finish my parts of this chapter. Working hard on this chapter was the biggest way I could keep my mind off of losing my pet. Anyway, I just want to say that I'm sorry for making this chapter take much longer than it really should have. Hopefully, I will do much better with Chapter 9.

NewWorldFool: Well, I don't think we have anything else to talk about, so let us start the game!

Chapter Eight
Alice's Secret

Jail of Lust-Shibuya Crossing
June 18th, 2017

Joker, Violet, and Crow leapt from rooftop to rooftop, making sure to attract the attention of the large number of guards that were patrolling the area near the wall that had emerged during their exploits yesterday while also making sure to not stay in one place for too long before finally coming to a halt on top of one of the rooftops.

Joker was thinking back to the conversation he was having with everyone about their assigned roles for this distraction. While Joker, Violet, and Crow were busy fighting off the enemy Shadows and while Sophie was busy drawing away some of the Shadows from the fight, the search lights surrounding the wall will be dealt with by Skull, Panther, and Mona. While that's all being taken care of, Oracle will be working on hacking into the wall's systems from the console on the other side of the wall with Fox, Queen, and Noir protecting her from any potential enemies.

Should the plan go well, the thieves will all be able to make their way into Alice's castle and reach the source of where her Treasure may be.

"Joker! Violet! Crow! Be careful! We got one coming up!" Oracle's voice said over the trio's communicators just as the sound of a helicopter rotor reached their ears. A moment later, one of the helicopter Shadows that the trio had seen emerged, holding a very real gatling gun flew up and aimed directly at Joker before it opened fire.

"It's starting!" Fox's voice said over the communicator.

"Then we're on!" Queen's voice said shortly afterward.

"Right, let's go!" said Noir's voice as Joker, Violet, and Crow darted out of the way of the strange helicopter's gunfire and began sliding down the side of the building with the helicopter trying to catch up with them. Violet slid ahead of Joker and stuck her tongue out at him, causing Joker to shoot a devious smirk at her and try to catch up to her, while Crow simply sighed and shook his head in annoyance before chasing after Joker and Violet.