SCARS (ONE-SHOT FF)

Characters-

Ava - The protagonist
Han Jisung-  Male lead
Joseph-  Ava's Husband
Ava's father-in-law
Lady Lawyer

Setting- Heavy downpour, moderate winds, dark streets with a few street lights glowing feebly, vacant roads.

Blank, debilitated, ravaged, drenched in rains, I walked through the lonely streets. Never imagined myself to end up like this. Years of sacrifice and self-compromise lead to nothing but cessation. Was it expected to happen? Was it my fate that my one and only lover turned to my sworn enemy, more precisely, an abuser? My dear, it wasn't my fault. When will you understand this?
   My husband Joseph, Joseph Wilson. He was a good man, good man until we got married. It's the bitter truth that identifying the true nature of a human being is the most difficult job in this whole world. I was wrong in my hypothesis, a hypothesis created over 7 years which eventually proved to be a fake one. Joseph and I dated for 7 years before we decided to tie our knot. Never in my nightmare did I imagine the knot which I thought to be precious and trustworthy, turn to a forest of deadly poisonous thorns. First year of our marriage went exceptionally smooth and beautiful, a year full of lovey-doveyness, people calling us "A match made in heaven", decorating our dream home with nuptial furniture, rooms exhibiting a strong show of affection which had the ability to destroy every evil eye. Little did I know the presence of the actual devil by my side in the disguise of an angel.
   I didn't realize when I ended up standing beside the barrage of the deepest river. People say, once something comes in contact with the ravenous water of the river, it loses everything, the object strangely disappears. To others it was a fact of horror but to me it was of glory. My hypothesis might prove to be correct this time and I feel that surrendering myself to the glorious saga would be the best decision ever. What's the use of leading such a miserable life afterall? Valuing my worth and taking care of my self-esteem for the last time, I bestrode over the barrage witnessing the hungry current of the watercourse. Strong winds revolved around me, encouraging me to enjoy a dive which I know would be my last. Relaxing my torso, feeling the weight of a sparrow, a leant forward when I was harshly pulled back. I fell, not into the current but on the withered grass opposite of the barrage. I didn't dare to open my eyes, what if I see some dangerous ugly sight? My heart was pounding against my chest, breath hitched, I couldn't feel my senses anymore, all went numb and eventually everything went pitch black.

Opening my eyes, I found myself lying under a shade, my wet body covered with a minimal wool sheet, all alone. Struggling, I got up and sat erect weakly. Feeling a stinging pain in my knees and arms, I started inspecting the sources. I noticed a few cuts and bruises which might have occurred when I fell, but.. who did so? Who saved me?

??-  Oh you're awake? Here, take a sip of this warm tea. You'd feel better.

I looked up. As the shade was less lit with a few candles, his visage was blurry. Taking the cup from his hand, I stared at it.

Ava-  Are you the one who saved me?

??-  We can talk about that later. I want you to get better first.

Ava-  But I can't stay put without knowing the reason..

The person started stepping forward, coming in view of mine, reflecting the golden faint lights of the wax, his face slowly appearing out of obscurity.
Those slightly squinted, cute doe eyes, chubby cheeks, a fair flesh tint, a comfortable vision, posing no threat to my insecure soul, a soft countenance, were enough to capture someone enigmatic.

??-  I am Han Jisung. What's your name?

Ava-  My name is Ava Williams.

I said rather unconsciously. My tongue gave up to the orders of my heart- "He's fine. He won't harm you."