Chapter 25

----------Chapter 25-------------------------------------------------------

        "How about I come in with you?" Carter suggests, unusually clingy today. 

        "I'm going to meet some old lady, Carter, not some secret boyfriend," I tease softly, squeezing his hand. 

        "That's a relief," he murmurs dryly. "But seriously, I have this weird feeling. Maybe I should come in with you?" he cajoles again. 

        "Relax Carter! Finnigan's isn't exactly quiet, you know. Besides don't you need to prepare for your class tomorrow?" I remind him. 

        "You're always so logical," he murmurs, kissing the tip of my nose. "If anything doesn't feel right, you must promise that you will call me immediately, okay?"

        "I will. Now go," I murmur, turning in my seat to kiss him goodbye. 

He kisses me eagerly. Finally, eons later, we part, smiling goofily at each other.

        “You expect me to leave after that?” he asks incredulously.

        “Yes! Now go,” I murmur, climbing out of the car.

He honks once and reluctantly pulls out of the car park, I stand waving until his car disappears. It’s 6.00, this Moira person should be here. I’ll walk in, be polite, get my mum’s stuff and leave. I have no idea when the guys will be back, but I want to be home to welcome them!

I walk into Finnigan’s, feeling incredibly uncomfortable. This place reeks of luxury. I am by no means poor, or well, Haden is by no means poor. He could probably eat here every day, but...it’s just so high end!

I suddenly feel horribly underdressed. I had hurried and decided on a simple skirt and black blouse with ballet flats. All the other ladies are in tight, sexy dresses. Gosh!

Get a grip, Jess! You aren’t on a date, remember? You’re just here to meet with your mother’s friend, I remind myself severely.

I walk up to the podium by the door. You see, Finnigan’s is so exclusive, you need a reservation to get a table.

        “I’m here to see a Moira Gray?” I murmur uncertainly.

The man behind the little podium gives me a quick once over. I could have sworn that he literally rolled his eyes at me! I’m not THAT underdressed!

        “Ms Gray has not arrived yet. May I lead you to her table,” he offers, walking ahead of me without waiting for me to respond.

I follow him timidly. He points out an empty table in a corner and I sit down, glad to be away from everyone’s scrutinising looks.

I fiddle with my hair as I wait for Moira to show up. I begin chewing on my bottom lip.

        “Hi,” a high pitched voice squeaks, making me jump in shock.

I whirl around to find a girl, younger than me in fact, sliding onto the empty seat beside me.