Chapter Tweleve: Code Red

AMY'S POV

  Steve just lived down the street. Even though I know I shouldn't have, I ran. I had so much adrenaline and tears in my eyes I didn't know what else to do. I saw Steve's car in his driveway. " Thank god." I breathed, and walked right up to the door. I started banging the door almost instantly. Steve opened it a few seconds later. " What?" Steve asked. He seemed annoyed until he could see the tears and fear in my eyes. " Amy, what happened? Is the baby fine?" Steve asked, looking at my stomach. " Yeah their fine, we have a code red. I need Dustin, the kids, even Nancy. Nancy needs to be here." I demanded. " Okay, come in. What about Eddie?" Steve asked. " No! I mean, not yet. I don't know if I want Eddie to know about this." I said, as I walked into Steve's house. " You need to tell me first what happened, because you are freaking me out. Especially if you don't want Eddie to know." Steve said, as he closed the door.
  " Chrissy's dead, I watched her die. I think the Upside Down is back in Hawkins. It was Supernatural what happened to her." I choked. " I'm getting Nancy." Steve said, his face full of shock as he quickly walked to his phone. I went upstairs to Steve's bedroom and grabbed his walkie talkie phone that Dustin gave him for Christmas last year to get a hold of Steve. " Dustin, Dustin are you there!" I yelled for my brother, I couldn't stop picturing Chrissy's bones cracking and the sounds which wasn't helping feeling sick from the baby already. " Amy?" Dustin asked concerned, I never call him on these so I knew he would be worried. " Dustin where are you right now?" I asked him. " We have Hellfire right now, remember? What's going on? Eddie's concerned. He thought you'd be with Chrissy." Dustin explained. " Shit." I murmured to myself. " Can you step outside for a minute? It's a code red.." I told Dustin. A few minutes later Steve came up. " Nancy's on her way." Steve assured me.

DUSTIN'S POV

We were in the middle of a game when it was my turn to role to defeat Vecna. " Are you sure you want to do that Henderson? You guys may get killed by Vecna with the least bit of powers all of you have left." Eddie smirked at me. " Bet your ass I'm sure." I replied to Eddie and picked up the dice. I heard my walkie talkie go off that was placed on the side of my bag. " Dustin, Dustin are you there!" Amy yelled in a panic. Mike and I looked at each other, before looking at Eddie. I could tell Eddie was no longer in character. " Is that Amy?" Mike asked. " I think so? She never calls me on the walkie.." I admitted. " I thought she was with Chrissy? I dropped her off before I came here." Eddie said. I quickly walked over to my backpack and picked up my walkie and hit on the respond button. " We have hellfire right now remember? What's going on? Eddie's concerned, he thought you would be with Chrissy." I told Amy.
" Can you step outside for a minute? It's a code red.." Amy said, and my heart stopped and I could tell Mike's did too. " What the hell is a Code red and why do you two know what that means?" Eddie asked Mike and I. " We will be right back! Just let us talk to Amy alone. Gareth, you role for me and you better role a 20!" I told him, as Mike and I quickly ran out of the room and into the school hallway. " Okay, Mike and I are away from everyone else. What's going on?" I asked my sister. " I watched Chrissy die.. it wasn't a normal death, I need you guys to get to Steve's now out of Eddie's sight. I want to tell everyone at the same time, Nancy's already on her way." Amy explained. " Mike and I rode our bikes we are on our way!" I responded to Amy. I quickly ran back inside and grabbed my back pack. " Henderson what's going on?" Eddie asked me, walking up to me. " Just something personal, don't worry the baby is fine!" I told Eddie, Mike and I quickly ran to the front doors. " Dustin!" I heard Eddie yell before Mike and I walked out the front doors and hopped on our bikes before Eddie could catch up to us. " Are you sure we can't tell Eddie?" Mike asked as we sped out of the school parking lot. " It doesn't sound like it." I told Mike, and we rode along the road trying not to crash our bikes in the process.

AMY'S POV

Everyone was here, sitting on the floor, couch and staring at me as Steve stood next to me. " Why can't Eddie be here?" Dustin asked, breaking the silence. " Because he doesn't know what we have all seen in the last three years... with the Upside Down.." I started. " Why would the Upside Down have to do with why we are here?" Nancy asked. " Did you not tell her what I saw?" I asked Steve. " I just told her she needed to get down here and contacted Max shortly after." Steve told me, and I sighed. Before I could get the words out, the door knocked. Everyone was here and I know if Jonathan heard about this he wouldn't be here that fast by plane.
" That better not be the police..." Steve mumbled. " Police?" Nancy asked concerned. Steve walked over to the door and opened it. " Is Amy here?" I heard Eddie ask. " Dustin, I told you to come alone with just Mike!" I scolded Dustin. " I did! We left him at the school, we didn't even tell him we would be here." Dustin explained, I believed my little brother.
" Yeah, but I don't think now is a good time to be here Eddie." Steve warned him. " I'm not leaving until I know what's going on." Eddie demanded. "
for fucks sake.." I breathed, walking over to Steve and Eddie. I pushed Steve out of the way. " Eddie please just go home. I promise I'm fine. I will tell you what's going on tomorrow." I told him. " Then why do you have fear in your eyes if everything is fine?" Eddie asked me.
" Tomorrow I promise, just please go home..." I repeated myself, begging him. " Fine, you better watch after her Harrington, whatever is going on." Eddie warned Steve, and I could see hurt in Eddie's eyes. I just didn't want Eddie to be involved in this world, especially because we have lost people because of it. I can't loose Eddie to the Upside Down. If I can protect it from him just a little bit longer, I will. Times like this I wish Joyce, El, Will, Jonathan and even Hopper was here. I missed Hopper. He would be the one person in the police department who would believe me, and make sure I didn't get in trouble. He was even like a dad to Dustin and I.