The Mach Battle of the Great Tree Moon

Wow, I am hella consistent with uploading these, don't expect it to continue ): I am tryna be as consistent as possible with this, however school starts for me soon so idk how long this consistency last but imma try and keep it for as long as possible. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Byleth POV--

The night before the battle I was super excited. My first chance to battle with the students of the other class. My first chance to lead my own students. I hope that the battle goes well. Thinking about this made it rough to sleep, but I managed. 

--Timeskip--

--Sylvain POV-- 

Even though it was the night before the battle, I didn't really care. I was more concerned with picking up some ladies instead. I don't really like them, but they only want me for one part of me, so I want to play them the way they play me. My childhood best friend, Ingrid, never really appreciated or agreed and told me to cut it down but I never really cared. Though while wandering the monastery, she saw me at night and looked furious. I hadn't been doing any of my lady antics recently or more like not for 3 days, so I thought she was going to be fine. Turns out the conversation was about something much different, however. 

Ingrid: I was informed recently you left the Blue Lions House. Why, the school year just started?

She seems very annoyed at me, though I am quite used to it. At this point I find it cute. 

Sylvain: I wanted to. Easier to get away with hitting on ladies when you and Felix aren't around.

Ingrid: (visibly annoyed)

Sylvain: Calm down it was just a joke. In all honesty I really don't like professor Hanneman's way of teaching, I just wanted a quick out. 

Ingrid: Uh huh, really. That does make some sense considering he tries to get everyone to answer, but you really got tired of it that quickly, is that all there is to it?

 Sylvain: Hey, a man has to be able to keep some things to himself right. Childhood friends or not. 

Ingrid: Maybe, but it just annoys me because I was actually happy, we were in the same class or not. Your skirt chasing or not, I still see you as a close friend. 

Sylvain: Why don't you ask the professor to join the Black Eagles as well, I can't change back as you are only allowed one class change a year, excluding house leaders of course.

Ingrid: I'll consider it, but it's unbelievable that you changed so quickly. 

That should get her off my back for now. I care about her allot, but she stays on my back all the time. 

--Timeskip--

--Edelgard POV--

The morning of the battle is worrying sure, I don't know how I feel. I don't think the professor is that special of a leader, they are a first year so my class are definitely the underdogs. Hopefully it will all turn out. As I get ready I notice Sylvain walking to my classroom. Was he asking our teacher something?

Edelgard: Sylvain, why are you heading to the Black Eagles classroom? Aren't you in the Blue Lions House?

Sylvain: Ah Edelgard, looking lovely as ever I see. I asked your teacher to join his class which he accepted. That's why I am here. 

Edelgard: You're only allowed to switch once, are you sure that was a wise idea. 

Sylvain: I couldn't take any more of Hanneman's lectures, they were all boring me to sleep. Also he made everyone participate. I swear I learned more about crests then I did about fighting in that room. I'm good thank you very much.