Part 5:Pillow fort

"So now what?"

"I don't know. We could try to leave but the rain is strong. We'll get lost,"

"Come on, the rain isn't THAT heavy right now!"

"Well, we'll end up soaked!"

"And?? As long as we get home, right?"

Tom didn't know what else to say, but he didn't want to admit that he was scared of water. Of course, he's a cat.

"It's almost as if you were scared of water," Jerry laughed. Tom just stared at him. Finally, the mouse realized. "Wait....YOU'RE SCARED OF WATER?"

"..."

"I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't think you were actually scared..." Jerry fidgeted with his hands and his ears folded. That was enough to make Tom nervous too. Something about seeing the mouse sad made the cat panic. "I-it's fine, you just didn't know," Tom tried to reassure Jerry. The little mouse only nodded his head. "Hey, we should fix the blankets and pillows to get comfortable," Jerry said to avoid starting an awkward silence. "Yeah, maybe we should do that," Tom replied. They used a few tables and shelves to hang a few blankets. Next they made the inside comfortable by adjusting the pillows and a few other blankets left. Finally, they used they're backpacks to keep the hanging blankets steady, making it look like a tent.

"This is nice!" Jerry said while admiring they're little fort. "It sure is..." was the only thing the cat could say. Not about the fort, but about Jerry. Those big and round ears, dark and dreamy eyes, small hands, small body, perfect brown hair-everything. Tom was taken out of his thoughts after the brunette called is name. "Tom!" he said.

"Huh, what?"

"I was asking if you wanted to go in now,"

"Oh, yeah...sure,"

The duo finally climbed inside. It was comfortable. Since it was a bit chilly in the school, it felt nice having warm blankets around the place. There were pillows on the floor against the wall. It made it much better to lay down. Both of them fell on the pillows and...relaxed. The only sound heard was the heavy rain outside, a bit muffled. The thunder wasn't very loud anymore, it was more of a rumble. There were at least 7 blankets and 10 pillows around. 5 blankets were used to hang on the furniture, the other ones for the duo. Jerry took one of the pillows-the smallest one-and hugged it tightly. It was silent between the two. They were very still, lost in paradise. It stayed like this for around 10 minutes.

"Tom," said Jerry, breaking the silence, "what time is it?" Tom took his phone from the pocket of his jeans. 7:38. He showed the phone to Jerry. He let out a sigh. "I know...it feels as if we've been trapped for days," mumbled Tom. Another silence with the rain and rumbles from the dark sky. It's only been a few hours. Now, it was nighttime outside. The lightning from earlier made it clear that the power probably didn't work. Their phones didn't have any signal anymore, so that proved it.

A few moments had passed, but they still hadn't said anything. The rain was still heavy. They both knew that the other one was still awake, but nothing came up to their minds on what to say. It was dark now. Really dark. Tom heard some shuffling beside him. It was the mouse getting comfortable. Was he.....sleeping?

Yep. How? When? Tom never noticed due to the silence and lack of movement. Might aswell sleep he thought. It only took five minutes for his eyes to close. Before he could completely fall to a comfortable and relaxing slumber, he heard the door handle move. His eyes snapped open and peeked through a crack between two blankets. The door handle simply kept moving and stopped. Tom crawled to the door, stood up, and tried to open.

Locked.

Sooooo how ya doinnnn. I know, I've been gone since August 8 or around that time. A lot of things happened actually, also I'm working on a different book (not terry). As a matter of fact, I've been sent to the mental hospital- Anyway, I'm sorry for disappearing like that. I didn't know what else to write here, so it's not very good or long. I promise I won't leave it though, byeeeee