Chapter 35

Tw: Sexual content; eating disorder

When the rental car pulled up to the hotel, Scott came to a stop near the entrance instead of continuing on to the parking lot. Excited at the prospect that he was dropping them off and leaving so she and Ari could finally have their way with each other, Shay damn near leaned into the front seat to hug him or even plant a kiss on his cheek as a pathetic thank you.

But before she could do so, Scott turned around with his arm outstretched across the passenger seat. "Um... Can y'all pack some stuff up and leave for a bit?" 

"What?!" Ari exclaimed, narrowing his eyes. Clearly he had the same hopes as Shay. "Why?"

"I'm in my feelings after today and need a lil' bit of love, so I'm gonna go scoop that Tiffany hoe. I been chatting her up today. Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else."

Shay raised an eyebrow, but she understood. "She won't get fired for fucking at work?"

"Nah, she's off today and don't live too far from here. Please, if you could. I'll let you take the car and go do whatever you want," He bargained. "And tomorrow I'll leave for as long as you want. Can sixty-nine to y'all heart's content."

"Fine." Ari sighed as he popped the car door open, obviously a little disappointed that he would not be getting laid tonight. But they both knew Scott would do it for them with no questions asked, so he couldn't complain too much. "Just let me know when you get back with her and we'll come down."

They departed from the vehicle and Scott thanked them a total of three times before he sped off. Ari slipped his hand over hers and they proceeded to the hotel doors, almost eerily quiet despite it not even being midnight yet. A couple of people wandered through the lobby with alcoholic beverages. Another margarita sounded good, but they wouldn't be able to order anything without Scott's fake ID. Quietly, they shuffled to the elevator and went up to the sixth floor to find their room in a much better state than it was left in. In spite of the long day, neither of them were very tired, so she guessed Scott had chosen a good night to kick them out.

"So where are we going to go?" Shay asked, flopping onto the bed. The powdered sugar and eggs had been cleaned by the housekeeping staff. She hoped Scott would remain sober enough to fuck on his own bed tonight, very much looking forward to snuggling up into the warm sheets with only Ari this time. "Any ideas?"

"Yeah, we can go down to one of the beaches if you want." Ari smiled, wandering into the bathroom with some new clothes and shutting the door behind him. 

An unexpected yet appropriate answer. Shay started uploading the pictures she had taken so far to Facebook while she waited for him to come out. "Didn't take you for a 'long walks on the beach' type of guy."

He laughed from the other side of the door. "I'm full of surprises, baby girl. Gonna romance the fuck outta you."

"Oh, are you now?" Shay teased in jest, subsequently scrolling through her news feed. She frowned when she saw she had an incoming Facebook message from none other than Stephanie Rhode. Ari's ex-girlfriend. "Ew, guess who just fucking messaged me?"

"Who? Kate?" Ari asked as he was wrangling the new clothes on, evident by the rustling of fabric.

Fair guess. Kate had called her screaming a couple of weeks ago about how she knew they were secretly in love with each other and asking for details on their sex life. Shay didn't offer much, but assured Kate that Ari left her wanting for nothing. Apparently Mikey still hadn't ever made Kate finish, so Shay casually suggested he talk to Ari. Shockingly, he literally did call him later that day, and Shay got to witness that call in all its glory ("CLIT!" Ari screamed into the phone while a cigarette hung loosely between his fingers, and Shay had died a little inside when Mikey yelled back "WHAT'S A FUCKING CLIT, ARISTOS?!").