🔴Chapter 1 - Rude Awakening

Cold.

Cold and moist.

Gingi slowly took a breath in, feeling the cold and moist air around them.
They heard birds chattering outside their tent, and the distant sound of children playing, muffled only by the soft sounds of the wind blowing.

Wait... what?

Gingi sat up suddenly, scrambling to get out of the small-but-cozy crate they had been sleeping in, knocking it over and landing on the ground before quickly getting up and stumbling over to the entrance to their tent.

Peaking out, Gingi was not met with flames, the screams of the damned, or dead grass and red skies, but instead a serene park with a distant view of a colorful funfair.

Well, it wasn't that serene, considering Gingi could distinctly see used syringes lying in the grass and a few swans patrolling the edges of the nearby lake with a deep hatred you didn't need to see their eyes to understand, but it was certainly a lot calmer than what they were used to.

They pulled themself back inward just as they felt the vibration of a deep and calming voice echo inside their own skull.

What the fuck are you doing up so earl-...

There was a moment of silence from the narrator.

Who the fuck are you? Wh- where's Phonegingi?

"SILENCE SHOUT-LOBE I am trying to figure out where I- Wait what? Where's- I'm RIGHT HERE." They snapped back, taking a whiff of the scent here.

Well, in fairness, you do SOMEWHAT resemble Gingi, however last I checked they didn't have four arms and visible bones. Also your fur is... considerably more disgusting.

Phonegingi stopped for a moment, when suddenly a realization hit them like a sack of cocaine bricks.

"YOU AREN'T MY SHOUT LOBE- WHAT IS THIS TRICKERY ? WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU IN MY EVER SO SACRED PLACE OF THOUGHT?? WHY ARE YOU BRITISH? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY DEAR NARRATOR YOU FIEND, YOU CROOK, YOU-"

I have no clue what's happening here, but whatever it is, I want gingi back.

Gingi snarled at the voice echoing in their head, before calming down somewhat and deciding it would be best to ignore him.

They peaked their head out of the tent again, slowly stepping out into the sunlight. It had been a long, long time since they had last gotten unfiltered sunlight and it was... a lot to handle right now.

Gingi's stomach felt as though it was doing flips, twists, and sick kickflips, so they figured it would be best to head to the funfair. (Lots of things to do to distract themself from the crushing fear of never being able to go home or to see their boyfriends ever again)

Coming up to the gate, Gingi was met by a man sitting in the booth just next to the entrance.

He was scrawny, and looked kind of pale. His head was a Nokia 3410, with a bandage that read "Sweetheart" placed above the screen on his face. Gingi couldn't entirely tell if they were seeing things, but it looked as though there was another bandage underneath it. Odd.

They instinctively tried to figure if they would be able to take him in a fight, if the need arose. It didn't take much figuring to know they could probably breathe on him too hard and instantly kill him.

He smiled(?) nervously at Gingi, attempting to appear welcoming and friendly, however just below the counter(?) Gingi could see he was fiddling around with his fingers, betraying that he was far more nervous than welcoming.