Chapter 6: Cursed

As I'm sitting in my couch thinking I think about the cops. Where were they going to?

I walk over to my phone and call Dustin. He didn't answer. So I call Steve. No answer. I call Robin and Max still no one answered. I decide to just wait until they tell me what happened.

I sit back down on my couch. I'm like right next to Eddie. "Who were you calling?" He asked. "Steve, Dustin, Max and Robin but none of them answered." I respond. "Why don't you do that spy thing and see what they are going." Oh shit I forgot about that.

I go to grab the blindfold but it's not there. I look everywhere for it. It's no where to be seen. Guess we're doing it the old fashioned way. I sit down on my couch. I close my eyes. I open my eyes and it's all black except for Max, Dustin, Lucas and Steve.

"I know you guys are staring at me." Max said annoyed. "What sorry?" "You said you needed something?" "Just hanging out." I know as soon as this is over I have to teach those boys how to lie and just act casual.

"How you think your eyes boring into the back of my head will protect me from Vecna, I don't know." Vecna? what? "You can look at me now." Max says as she stands in front of the boys.

"Thank you. Sorry" "Sorry" "Sorry"

Max sighed as she handed them letters. "For you." She hands out another one "For you. and um give these to Mike, El, Will. If you can ever get a hold of them again." They go to open the letters. "What are you doing? No, don't that's not for now. Don't open it now."

"Don't okay."
"I'm sorry what is this?"
"It's um... It's a fail safe. For after. If things don't work out." What does she mean if things don't work.

vecna.

He has her in his hold. I have to stop him before he gets to her. I rip the blindfold off my face and come back to my living room. I look at Eddie worried. "What? What is it?" He asked.

"Max she's cursed. I have to go to her." I get up and grab my keys as I'm heading to my door I look to Eddie. "You coming?" He walks next to me. I open my door and hide Eddie as best I can. There isn't much people here so I don't have to hide him that well. Once he's in my car I make him duck.

Once we arrive to the Wheelers. I knock on their back door. I know all of them are in the basement so they have to answer.

Steve opens the door confused. "Astrin... Eddie?" He opens the door all the way and me and Eddie hurry inside. We take a seat on the couch. I look to Max. "Max..." She looks back at me. "Max I know what's going on."

Everyone in the room looks to me. "Did you guys ever find out why the cops came through." I asked.

"So turns out Chrissy wasn't Vecnas only victim. He got to this kid Nancy knew named Fred." Dustin said.

"So what now he wants Max. Does he have a thing for killing kids or something?" I responded. "So how do we free Max of the curse?" I asked.

"That's what we are trying to figure out. Nancy and Robin went to some asylum to do a interview with Victor Creel. Hopefully if all goes as planned he will know how to free her of the curse." Dustin said.

"Victor Creel?" I said confused.

"He apparently got locked up for killing his wife and daughter. The bodies look the exact same as how Chrissys body looked, and Fred's. Although now we think he wasn't the killer and he was a victim too. That would make him the only live victim." Dustin said.

"I thought Victor Creel was a old man?" Eddie said.

"That's something else we need to figure out. If we are right that means the Upside Down had contact to our world longer than we thought. Which makes El not being the first person to contact it." Dustin said.

This is to much for my brain. So like the Upside down has just been around way longer than like a couple years.